I have gone to the Appworld site to download the new versio nof Messenger (have 4.7 and my battery life is terrible - this verions says improved battery life?) but when I click on the link sent to me via email it brings up the appworld page with the "Get it Today" button and when I click on that nothing happens...I can't download on computer (BB not set up and it's work computer so no permmissions. Help?

Thanks!!
    07-24-10 02:44 PM
    So you used your Blackberry Browser and went to mobile.blackberry.com, clicked on the Blackberry Messenger link, clicked the Download Now button, choose the language... and it sent you to app world... is that correct???
    07-24-10 03:11 PM
    Yep. Sent me to the page for the app. But does nothing when I click to download...
    07-24-10 03:22 PM
    oops, sorry. I actually went to the Appworld site on laptop and it sent me a link via email. On BB I email I clicked through and it took me to the same page on Appworld where I originally sent the email...
    07-24-10 03:26 PM
    I tried my instructions I just posted and it works... use your Blackberry, open your Blackberry Browser, etc, etc... it worked. Where are you, what country???
    Last edited by fatboy97; 07-24-10 at 03:35 PM.
    07-24-10 03:31 PM
    just goto www.blackberry.com/messenger in your BB browser.
    07-24-10 05:07 PM
    Thanks guys - used blackberry.com/messenger in browser and it worked just fine. Except now I can't find the icon anywhere on my bb. Messages show up in main folder but icon nowhere to be found!

Do while the above worked fo rthis app, what's the secret to download other apps from appworld - I had the same experience with another app I tried to get.

Thanks!!
    07-24-10 06:08 PM
    Fatboy97 - I'm in California.
    07-24-10 06:25 PM
    Most of us have a Instant Messages folder and it's located in there... have you used "Show All" to see any hidden icons in your current theme, and do you have the Instant Messages folder???

California... I thought that was part of the country of the USA.
    07-24-10 06:42 PM
    Yea usually it defaults to the Instant Messaging folder. Just check there and move it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 09:18 PM
    Hmmm, doesn't seem I have an Instant Messaging folder? I unhid everything first off but no luck. Weird...looked in downloads and apps and not there.

California - yes, it is only a state in the union, not the entire union Although I imagine some may think so.
    07-24-10 09:38 PM
    Try changing themes, or installing a new theme... you should have an Instant Messages folder.
    07-25-10 08:40 AM
    Please tell me you did a battery pull after installing the new version?... If not, pull the battery while the device is still on, leave out for 20 seconds, put battery back in... You should have the icon then...

If not, try uninstalling it (options, applications, add on, highlight, menu, delete... Reboot device) and then try installing it again, as reboot as prompted... Then it should be there...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD