received an update que on my blackberry tour to .61
    did the ota download.
    now i'm missing couple of icons. initially i was missing sms icon, but able to retrieve it by setting to default icons, but still can't find bbm icon.
    help anyone...
    are other people having problems w/ the new update?
    11-25-09 08:28 PM
    You have to re-download BBM via Blackberry App World
    11-25-09 08:30 PM
    thank you.
    11-25-09 08:34 PM
    well i tried it...
    the application list says i have bbm on my tour...
    but still no icon... where is it hiding?
    help again!!!
    11-25-09 09:01 PM
    I would try to delete it then reload it.

First, go to Options, Applications, and find the BBM (if you're running a 5.0 OS then you will have to select "Add-on" from the drop-down menu at the top). Then select the BBM file and delete it. Your device may ask you to reboot in order to finish, just allow that and let it do its thing.

After all is said and done, go to BlackBerry Messenger through your BB browser and it should prompt you to select a language and download. Again, after all is said and done, you should have a brand-spankin' new icon for BBM and the newest available version of BBM which should be v5.0.0.33.

Good luck!
    11-25-09 09:15 PM
    well i tried it...
    the application list says i have bbm on my tour...
    but still no icon... where is it hiding?
    help again!!!
    2 questions to determine best course of action:

1. What is the version number in the Applications list? Is it 5.0.0.33 or 4.7/4.7.1 ?

2. Does BBM show in the App Switcher? Hold down MENU on any screen to open the App Switcher. There are 5 native apps that always appear there including BBM.

First look in your Instant Messaging folder as well. (That's where BBM is for me.)
    11-25-09 09:23 PM
    I have a newly unlocked 9550 after I switched all of my info from my 8900 with the desktop now I can't seem to find the BBM or the app world icon not sure if the app world icon was there in the first place but now bbm was there I used it before the switch over.
    Also I have tried to download app world but I can't for some reason through my phone and I have looked into Options Apps and i do not see it there.
    11-25-09 11:21 PM
    Go to Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table.
    Click MENU and select Register Now.

Sometimes this will fix things and your carrier will push through some apps shortly thereafter. Check your App Screen and Downloads folder in a bit to see if anything new is there.

If that doesn't work, use this link to get App World. From your device's Browser:
    Download BlackBerry App World

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 11:38 PM
    Ok I'll try Thx
    11-25-09 11:40 PM
    nope that didn't work
    and my broswer doesn't ssem to want to go to that page link I can on my desktop
    11-26-09 12:04 AM
    Easiest thing to do is go to applications and delete BBM, then redownload from app world. This happened to me it said i had it could not find it anywhere. so i deleted it then reinstalled worked fine after that even pushed the upgrade.
    11-26-09 12:14 AM
    another post I had a member Blacksheep2007 helped me out about the same way

When you looked in Options /Apps did you switch to Add ons from third party. That is where they should be. If they are just delete them from there and re-install.
    11-26-09 12:17 AM
    but now the problem is to get my browser to actually get to BB.com to get the apps again
    11-26-09 12:18 AM
    Thx for the help fellas but looks like i'm still going to have to find a way to get to the site without trouble not sure why it's so much trouble to get there but I'll work on it tomorrow Happy Turkey Day.
    11-26-09 01:22 AM
    What is your browser set to. Make sure the emulation is set to "BlackBerry."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 01:40 AM
    i figured out where my bbm icon went.
    after i upgraded to .61, the bbm icon went missing.
    i finally realized it was in the instant messaging folder as default.
    i just moved it out of that folder to home.
    in regards to the app world icon, i also had the same problem.
    what fixed it for me was deleting the application on dm, then reinstalling ota. the app then appeared in the download folder. i tried the same thing but without using dm, and for whatever reason, would not work.

now i have my bbm and app world icons back...
    hope this helps.
    11-26-09 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD