Hey everyone!

I bought a new blackberry curve 8520 4 days ago,but since I'm not really good with technology it is taking me quite a long time to get used to a smartphone!!

Anyway,thats not really my problem.the problem is that I cant use my BBm.
    I cant understand what the problem seems to be cause I've added a couple of friends' PIN and they have added mine but they keep "pending" as my BB says!!!

I tried asking around about what I should do but noone can help me...
    so I thought signin' in here as I saw that most of you are BB geniusses

I dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but reading around about BBm and what it requires I read something called Data plan....!I m not sure I have that(whatever that is)!
    Today I downloaded the new version of BBM 5.0.1 and nothing happened!the problem persists!!

I hope someone reads this and gives me a hand!!!

Thank you in advance,
    Egi.
    09-04-10 12:25 PM
    BBM needs BlackBerry Internet Service to work, it's price and capabilities varry from carrier and country (BIS Email, BIS Light, BIS Social...).

Untill you get BIS, BBM (and a good load of the 1st and 3rd party BlackBerry apps you could download) won't work.

Fastests (and only solution) is calling your carrier. Once BIS is activated, your requests will be sent. Now, if your friends don't have BIS, they will never get the requests.

And welcome to the forums.
    09-04-10 12:41 PM
    Hmmm.....I thought so...I knew something had to do with BIS but since the company I bought my BB didnt mention anything I thought it works without that service anyway!!!

At least now I know for sure what the problem is!

Thank you very much for bothering!

I hope I won't have to ask for your help again

Thanx again!
    Egi!
    09-04-10 12:52 PM
    If you are a T-Mobile UK customer you can sign in to you account on there website and add BIS, you will also need to have Web 'N' Walk in your plan, if not you will get charged daily for Internet, you can also add this to your account as well.

Roland
    09-04-10 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD