Hi Guys, Please be patient with me as a newbie,

I have just upgraded from a very old BB8120. On that phone I had 3 email accounts set up. I had an AOL, A Yahoo and my work one. The work one worked like this.

When emails came in to various email address on our IT suppliers server, they were forwarded to an email address, lets call it mobile @ address .co. uk

I set up a pop account on my BB8120 to receive emails coming in to mobile @ address. co. uk
    and here is the bit I need help with. On the BB8120 there was a setting in the email account settings that allowed you to set the "reply to" address to a different address, lets call it sales @ address. co. uk so that when I sent an email out from my BB the recipient thought is was coming from sales @ address. co. uk and if they replied the email would go to sales @ address. co. uk and they never knew that the mobile @ address. co. uk even existed.

I want to do the same on my new BB9900 (7.0.0.296, 5.0.0496.) on Vodafone UK.

I have asked Vodafone but they did not know. I have googled it but have not yet found a reply that suits my situation.

So in short how do I set up a "reply to" setting for this email? Any help is appreciated, please feel free to ask for more info but keep it simple.
    Thanks,
    P

I hope I have put enough info. (None of the above email addresses are real, I have added spaces to try and stop spambots)
    12-20-11 05:59 AM
    If you go to the 'setup' icon, then select email accounts, internet accounts, select the email you want to modify and select edit. Under the delivery options tab there is a field to enter a 'reply to' adress. That should be the setting you're looking for.
    12-20-11 10:05 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. On my old BB there was this setting. On my new BB9900 I can not find this field. I have followed your instructions and here are the fields I can enter:-
    General:
    Email address,Account name, Your name, Signature,
    Login info:
    User name, password,
    Delivery options:
    Auto BCC.
    Synchroniosation Options:
    Delete items.
    Advanced Options:
    Email server,POP,Port,SSL, Timeout.

I can not find the field to add the "reply to" on this BB9900.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks, P.
    12-20-11 10:43 AM
    Have you tried changing some settings on vodaphone.blackberry.com using your computer? It's the web based BIS interface. You'll likely have to make a username and password for it, or have vodaphone do that for you. If the option still isn't available, I guess it was phased out, or could be (if you're on BES) an IT policy glitch or mis-setting.

Sent from my Crackberry @ wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    12-20-11 11:59 AM
    Thanks Rootbrian,
    vodaphone.blackberry.com is not a good link but after a quick google I have found BlackBerry Internet Service I am just trying to find out if this is a legit site as I don't want to input my info in to any old site.
    Can anyone confirm if BlackBerry Internet Service is a legit Vodafone site?
    I have not used this before so If I can convince myself it is Ok I will sign up and have a wander around and see if I can get the "reply from" working

Thanks for the ongoing help.
    P
    12-22-11 11:48 AM
    I have found that it is a good Vodafone site, but it won't let me register for BIS, it tells me I need to set it up the email from my phone.
    I had to do a quick search on what you meant by BIS & BES, but I now understand a bit better. We do not use BES on our servers we us the POP system to access the email on the BB so I am assuming that this is the BIS service.
    I guess I need to try and get hold of someone at Vodafone who is remotely technical and try to get them to solve it, unless the BB9900 simply can not do it. I'll let you know how I get on.
    Any extra help is appreciated.
    P
    12-22-11 12:02 PM
    Hi all,
    I got through to the back room staff at Vodafone. They tell me that it can't be done on the handset and at present it can not be done on the BIS. They are sending me a link to the Blackberry Forum so I can ask the question of Blackberry

I'll let you know how I get on.
    P
    01-03-12 10:23 AM
    Hi all,
    I got through to the back room staff at Vodafone. They tell me that it can't be done on the handset and at present it can not be done on the BIS. They are sending me a link to the Blackberry Forum so I can ask the question of Blackberry

I'll let you know how I get on.
    P
    Likely that is a bis limitation, a bug OR it's a vodaphone restriction. But you can try and see if you got any better replies than what you got on here. I haven't even tried to fool around with those settings either.
    01-03-12 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD