Hi all. I wanna start buying and selling blackberry. Now to increase my profits i want to block access to the appworld, so people will come back to me to purchase apps. is there anyway to do this? thanks
    04-13-11 11:44 AM
    You want to sell blackberry phones but you only want your customer's to guy the apps from you? Am I following this right?
    04-13-11 11:49 AM
    There is not gonna be a way for you to block appworld and the idea seems a bit unethical IMO, to block app world so you can sell the apps yourself
    04-13-11 11:50 AM
    I agree 100% with aznlgcy. Very unethical. Any person who would by something from a company like this is a fool.
    04-13-11 11:58 AM
    Well I want to know why the **** app world tells me I have many programs that need upgraded but yet it says the upgrade isn't available through app world? WTF???!!!! I got most if not all these through app world and can search/find them in app world. I think I'm about fed up with BB, they can suck it!!!!!!
    04-13-11 01:09 PM
    Well I want to know why the **** app world tells me I have many programs that need upgraded but yet it says the upgrade isn't available through app world? WTF???!!!! I got most if not all these through app world and can search/find them in app world. I think I'm about fed up with BB, they can suck it!!!!!!
    Bye.......
    04-13-11 01:12 PM
    Well, glad you posted that. I'm sure that helped the OP.
    04-13-11 01:23 PM
    Hi all. I wanna start buying and selling blackberry. Now to increase my profits i want to block access to the appworld, so people will come back to me to purchase apps. is there anyway to do this? thanks

Uhh and where do you plan on getting the apps from?
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    04-13-11 01:28 PM
    Uhh and where do you plan on getting the apps from?
    BlackBerry can sideload apps lol. But I don't recommend it. I refuse to buy any phones from this guy. Sounds like a scammer to me. I'll stick to the Carphone Warehouse. And the only way to block the App World would be to stick it on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Not recommended, it costs a BOMB.
    04-13-11 01:31 PM
    Moved to Native Apps
    04-14-11 09:57 AM
    BlackBerry can sideload apps lol. But I don't recommend it. I refuse to buy any phones from this guy. Sounds like a scammer to me. I'll stick to the Carphone Warehouse. And the only way to block the App World would be to stick it on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Not recommended, it costs a BOMB.
    Not only that...but App World isnt the only game in town. If you blocked App World, there are dozens of other well known sources to get apps from....duh! You'd be lucky to sell one phone...so what's your sales pitch?

"Here's your Blackberry, and oh, btw, ive disabled App World, so you have to come to me to buy your app. Oh, and it probably wont work because it needs your PIN to activate it!"

Yep, now that's an AWESOME business plan. LOL...oh man...

Also, CLICK CLICK....BANG!! THUD!
    04-14-11 10:08 AM
    Not only that...but App World isnt the only game in town. If you blocked App World, there are dozens of other well known sources to get apps from....duh! You'd be lucky to sell one phone...so what's your sales pitch?

"Here's your Blackberry, and oh, btw, ive disabled App World, so you have to come to me to buy your app. Oh, and it probably wont work because it needs your PIN to activate it!"

Yep, now that's an AWESOME business plan. LOL...oh man...

Also, CLICK CLICK....BANG!! THUD!
    This, ALL of this.

Trying to sell a Blackberry and then blocking Appworld just to "increase profits" by selling your own native apps is asinine in my opinion. You'd be inconveniencing yourself quite a bit just to earn a few extra bucks, especially considering apps aren't a massive revenue boost unless we're talking about something like Angry Birds.
    04-14-11 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD