Hi, I have been using BB Curve 8530 for quite some time now and I haven't encountered any issues so far (unless it's BB network down ). Anyway, I can't open my BB Messenger. If I'm at the Home Page, nothing happens. If I go to the Menu and click on the icon, I will just be going back to the Home Page. I did not upgrade my BBM.
    The last thing I remember doing though was download 2 games and an App. I rebooted my phone afterwards and I fell asleep. When I woke up, I saw I received 1 message and that was when I found out that something's wrong. I checked on the "set ring tone" and found out that BBM Group was not showing (Only showed BBM Alerts and BBM New Messages). I went to "Pictures" and checked if I can send it to any of my BBM Contact but that option is not showing either. Same if I go to my "Contacts", none of them is giving me the option to contact via BBM. A friend confirmed though that I still am showing under his BBM Contacts.
    I tried getting the updated version of it (3.0.1.32) hoping it will resume back. Although it said it was successfully installed, I checked and it was still the previous version.
    I tried deleting all apps I just downloaded but still having the same problem.
    Does anyone know what happened and how I can have it back?
    I am trying to avoid not to delete it since I have some contacts there that I haven't created a backup.
    11-11-11 01:39 PM
    This happens sometimes. If you have tried to upgrade and it didn't work then the best way is to wipe device and reload OS.
    Make a backup of your device to safegaurd your personal data.
    Download the latest OS for your device.
    Use BBSAK to wipe your device and restore the OS.
    Search the forums for Wipe Device/Reload OS. It will give you a step by step guide to do this.
    You should be up and running in 40 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 04:02 AM
    Lei.la will be thinking oh man not a wipe and reload. I have had this thought too many times before and it is a mood killer! haha
    Lei.la likes this.
    11-12-11 04:09 AM
    This happens sometimes. If you have tried to upgrade and it didn't work then the best way is to wipe device and reload OS.
    Search the forums for Wipe Device/Reload OS. It will give you a step by step guide to do this.

should be no reason to reload the OS. can you get to BBM via app switcher? if so, back up your list, and try redownloading BBM. if that doesnt work, delete BBM totally and then redownload it.
    Lei.la likes this.
    11-12-11 05:02 AM
    should be no reason to reload the OS. can you get to BBM via app switcher? if so, back up your list, and try redownloading BBM. if that doesnt work, delete BBM totally and then redownload it.
    Sometimes this works. Never happened with me. I always had to reinstall OS.
    But should be certainly tried.
    Lei.la likes this.
    11-12-11 05:54 AM

that's the thing, I didn't do any upgrades.
    Wipe out? .... uhmm maybe I'll do that as my desparate measure. I'll try to see if there's anything I can do to save whatever I can (although I know I can back them up anyway )
    11-12-11 06:27 PM

That's the thing, I didn't do any ugrades.
    Wipe Device/Reload OS? ...uhmm, I think I'll do that as my desperate measure. I'll try to see first if there's anything I can do to save whatever I can. (Although I know I can back up files anytime ayway :P)
    11-12-11 06:31 PM
    Lei.la will be thinking oh man not a wipe and reload. I have had this thought too many times before and it is a mood killer! haha
    Hey zgods1, just between you and me (and the rest of crankberry members and visitors), I did get scared when I read that. I think I was even on the state of denial thinking that, that's part of my option. LOL!
    11-12-11 06:36 PM
    hey dictoresno, I tried redownloading it...and guess what.. didn't work
    So I deleted BBM totally and redownloaded it.......and guess what..... IT WORKED!!!!!

-- Thanks, you ROCK! <big hug for you!>
    11-12-11 06:51 PM
    hey dictoresno, I tried redownloading it...and guess what.. didn't work
    So I deleted BBM totally and redownloaded it.......and guess what..... IT WORKED!!!!!

-- Thanks, you ROCK! <big hug for you!>
    glad you got it working. its caused i think by a cod file getting corrupted, causing the icon to disappear. i had it happen before too, it was a appworld cod file that relies on BBM or something. i tried injecting the file using BBSAK but it still didnt work. i was getting java errors referencing this file. in the end, i had to delete and reinstall BBM, as reinstalling over the previous version wasnt working either.
    11-12-11 07:07 PM
    hahaa i think you know how to get it back but if you go to the home menu and click the blackberry side menu then scroll down to 'show all' then look for bbm around there good luck should be right
    11-13-11 01:59 PM
    hahaa i think you know how to get it back but if you go to the home menu and click the blackberry side menu then scroll down to 'show all' then look for bbm around there good luck should be right
    uhhhhh no. in this case, it was caused by an error. the OP stated the icon didnt even show in the app switcher. this is a known problem that has been discussed. the only was to fix it is to reinstall.
    11-13-11 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD