I am wondering if there is a way to change the ringtone per person in my contact list in 8530 BBM. I just changed from 8330 to this phone and it only allows the phone and message tones. I know on 8330 u could custom ringtone people by adding an exception. I can't seem to do it with these phones. Can someone help. I use BBM a lot and would love to customize the ringtone per contact. To be different. And also how do I find out if I have the latest available BBM. Thanks a million guys.
    Chrystal
    "Ohio"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 07:28 PM
    You can set custom tones for calls... But bbm... intriguing... Let me see if I can find it...

EDIT: If you go to the Profiles icon, click it and scroll down you'll see 3 options, one of them is for custom contact notification sounds. I see calls and messages, but I can't tell if they work for BBM. If you wanna try, send me a PM with your PIN.

Go Options > Applications to find out the BBM version you have.
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-11-10 at 07:40 PM.
    07-11-10 07:36 PM
    I don't think that you can set a custom tone for certain BBM contacts.
    07-11-10 08:32 PM
    The option is in your contacts. Edit the contact and there is an option to enter a specific ringtone.
    07-11-10 09:29 PM
    The option is in your contacts. Edit the contact and there is an option to enter a specific ringtone.
    Care to show where you can set BBM specific contact tones? My idea didn't work.
    07-11-10 09:31 PM
    How do you even edit a BBM contact?
    07-11-10 11:37 PM
    Yeah it isn't working. There isn't an option for me to do so. Unless I can't figure it out. Sorry. Can someone who may know explain in better detail. Thanks for everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 09:46 AM
    There isn't a way to change your BBM alerts for a specific contact that I know of. Changing the alerts for a contact only affects ringtones and messages, such as texts, but not for BBM. This has been requested often by users............but no word on it being updated to do so. I am not sure about any third party app to do this. You might check that forum.
    07-13-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD