I need some help here please. BBM has stopped working with one specific contact for some reason. I can send this contact a BBM message and it gets delivered instantly. However, when this person tries to send me a message, it never goes through. When they BBM other people it goes through fine, and when I BBM other people, the message gets delivered and they can reply with no problem. It's just this one person that cannot send me anything but can always receive my messages. We deleted each other, pulled battery multiple times and still no luck. Any ideas?
    07-26-11 07:50 AM
    thats a strange one, but most likely that contact might have accidentally hit ignore all future messages from your pin.

Maybe you can try upgrading both your bbm clients to the latest version, and resending service books.
    07-26-11 08:04 AM
    I've reinstalled BBM (5.3.022 I think).. I've re-registered Service books. I've pulled battery. I've deleted the Messenger Contact and added back. Yet it still doesn't work. I send a BBM message to this one contact and she receives it fine. She replies to me and it never goes through, yet she can contact other BBM contacts no problem and other BBM contacts can message me no problem. We can send PIN messages also with no issue. Please help me! What else can I do?
    07-26-11 02:12 PM
    I've reinstalled BBM (5.3.022 I think).. I've re-registered Service books. I've pulled battery. I've deleted the Messenger Contact and added back. Yet it still doesn't work. I send a BBM message to this one contact and she receives it fine. She replies to me and it never goes through, yet she can contact other BBM contacts no problem and other BBM contacts can message me no problem. We can send PIN messages also with no issue. Please help me! What else can I do?
    OK, I DO NOT HAVE AN ANSWER.
    I have to say that up front. But the same exact thing has happened to me with just one contact. I spent 4 hours with VZW on the phone and they tried all the usual things and stopped short of reloading my OS as a solution. Which has not cleared up the prob, might add.

I had them send me on to Blackberry and they passed me up a few levels to the Network Analyst person. In three days time he got back to me and said they don't know what it is. But please do contact them if you have any other questions. My question is why don't I just scream now?????

Fortunately for me, the other contact popped back on and was able to respond to my messages after a few weeks on and off. Sad to say there is no answer for you. Oh everyone will suggest things to try and NONE OF THEM SOLVE THE PROBLEM. Only time worked for me.

I'm on VZW and my contact is on AT & T. if that helps you any. Now some say that VZW was upgrading their equipment for 4G (?) and that could have caused service probs???? I dunno what to believe. I'm sorry but I have no idea what to tell you to do. It seems like you tried all the things I did as well. I switched to SMS with my contact until things came back.

If this is an important person to you (VZW even suggest I get a diff friend!!!!!! Really? Certain pins can't talk to other certain pins?????) maybe you should switch to Gtalk or another app for the interim if you can't go to SMS. That was going to be my next attempt at something before I ran someone over with my car in frustration.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-26-11 at 03:00 PM.
    07-26-11 02:55 PM
    Thanks jaydee5799... Glad it's not just me having this problem. I guess I will just wait it out and hope for the best and when it finally does start working, my phone is going to blow up with who knows how many messages coming in at once. For anyone else reading, please note I'm on VZW and my friend is also on VZW. We both have identical 9650 phones and same versions of BBM. So strange... Hoping it won't take weeks to clear up, though.

Also, thanks for the Google Talk suggestion.. Never tried it until just now and it looks just like BBM. It'll do for now until BBM starts working again.
    Last edited by compuduff; 07-26-11 at 06:24 PM.
    07-26-11 06:10 PM
    As everyone else said, nothing seems to fix the problem...but time. It just started working on it's own nearly 24 hours after it first began. Just sitting here and all of a sudden all of the message for the last 24 hours came in at once. So glad it's working but what caused it? Who knows!?!
    07-26-11 08:35 PM
    As everyone else said, nothing seems to fix the problem...but time. It just started working on it's own nearly 24 hours after it first began. Just sitting here and all of a sudden all of the message for the last 24 hours came in at once. So glad it's working but what caused it? Who knows!?!
    Glad it popped back in for you! I know it is very frustrating and no one seems to know what to do. Keep Gtalk as a backup in case it ever happens again though...
    07-26-11 08:38 PM
    It's a Verizon glitch. My husband is also on Verizon for work and it happens off and on a lot. He's even had issues of it saying the message has been delivered to me on and yet when he gets home hours later, I still haven't gotten the message on my 9670. It only seems to happen with Verizon clients. I honestly believe they just have outages here and there or something. Glad it started working for you again.
    07-27-11 10:13 AM
    Well at least you can upgrade to BBM 6 now
    07-28-11 02:38 AM
    my BBM does the same thing, it only does it with the contact i talk to most, my bbms will send to them but it doesnt say they have read it and when they try to reply their messages dont deliver to me and their display name and picture doesnt come up it just has their pin as their display name x
    05-05-13 04:42 AM
    This is happening to me and my fianc at the moment, you're not the only one sadly Hope it comes back soon x
    05-05-13 02:18 PM
    have the same issue... been like this for 3days with my 2 most important contacts
    05-05-13 03:58 PM
    Text them

Kah
    05-05-13 04:13 PM
    why have bbm if its not usefull?
    05-05-13 05:24 PM
    Same story here. Affects one contact the rest are fine. Let me know if anyone in this thread had the issue resolved after letting some time pass. Curious.
    08-21-13 01:43 PM
    ugh
    I'm having the same thing with a couple of contacts.
    Z10 on ATT. I have the issue on 10.1 and 10.2. One day we are chatting just fine and then within our bbm group I realize that someone is answering a question specifically directed at Pat....but I don't see Pat posting. And, so it began.
    08-25-13 06:51 PM
    Here's what helped me. Again, I'm using using a Z10 on AT&T.

- remove sim and SD card
    - wipe device (security wipe)
    - load os
    - connect to wifi
    - at setup do not sign into BlackBerry id
    - finish set up
    - load the blackberry beta channels bbm bar (go to blackberry.com/beta, navigate to the bbm channels beta, download, plug in phone to PC, launch file you downloaded, a password will be sent to your email. You need that to load the software)
    - after loading the bar open bbm, sign into BlackBerry id
    - allow bbm to populate. Leave it be for an hour
    - battery pull
    - insert sim and SD card
    - allow to reboot

Hope this helps someone

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:39 AM

- remove sim and SD card
    - wipe device (security wipe)
    - load os
    - connect to wifi
    - at setup do not sign into BlackBerry id
    - finish set up
    - load the blackberry beta channels bbm bar (go to blackberry.com/beta, navigate to the bbm channels beta, download, plug in phone to PC, launch file you downloaded, a password will be sent to your email. You need that to load the software)
    - after loading the bar open bbm, sign into BlackBerry id
    - allow bbm to populate. Leave it be for an hour
    - battery pull
    - insert sim and SD card
    - allow to reboot

Hope this helps someone

Posted via CB10
    I didn't realize you can connect to BB ID without the sim installed. A bit of a destructive process but hey, it may be worth the effort. I guess this resolved the issue you've experienced.
    08-26-13 08:51 AM

Posted via CB10

I followed this suggestion to the letter without success. However, by trying to resolve an unrelated issue I accidentally resolved this one at the same time and wanted to share my findings.

Steps taken:
    - wiped the device
    - re-installed OS
    - re-installed BBM Channels beta

This isn't where I succeeded. At this point I was just aiming to install the latest leaked 10.2 OS. When I tried to BBM the one problematic contact the result was the same and I continued to receive the dreaded red X.

Here's where the breakthrough came in.

On BBM4ALL (failed) release day, my Android buddy (unrelated to red X contact) took matters into his own hands and installed the leaked app onto his device. Through BBM on his Droid, he PINs me a message and when I replied the red X appeared. EXPLETIVES A PLENTY!!!!!

The forums lit up with condemnation and the pattern seemed to suggest users with BBM Channels installed versus those that remained on the factory stock BBM were experiencing issues while the latter didn't (by and large). Recommendation was to downgrade BBM.

Took the following steps
    - deleted my Android contact from BBM
    - downgraded BBM to version 10.1.1.0 via Chrome sideloading method (yes, well below factory 10.2, and I would have went as far down as 10.0 if was able to find one)
    - rebooted the device
    - Open BBM -- it prompts for BlackBerry ID -- enter details
    - waited for BBM contacts along with the contact updates to populate (let it do its thing, may take a few minutes)
    - sent a BBM invite to my Android buddy

He accepts -- I send a "Test" and it doesn't take but no red X, just the check-mark. He sends me a message and it comes through. I reply back and BINGO -- the check-mark appears, followed by [D] followed by [R]. That my friends was truly an amazing feeling to be able to chat on BBM with someone who doesn't own a BlackBerry.

Help! BBM not working with 1 specific contact!-img_00000044.jpg

How does all of this apply to this thread? Well, the one red X BBM contact resolved itself as well. I was able to successfully message him with the downgraded BBM app. So, my suggestion is to follow Vecharo's workaround and if that doesn't work, then downgrade your BBM app. I think Vecharo's suggestion and/or downgrading BBM are similar because both methods are aiming to reset the connection to BBM through BlackBerry ID.

One day later BlackBerry disabled the leaked Android BBM [boooo]. Because of this I decided to re-install BBM Channels beta. The good news is that the single red X BBM contact which led me to this thread still works [yay!]. Even after upgrading back to BBM Channels.

Best of luck to those looking to resolve this issue. A couple suggestions are laid here for you.
    Last edited by Killington; 09-27-13 at 04:33 PM.
    09-27-13 12:46 PM
    I have a problem I have been trying for about two weeks to send messages to my girlfriend but the messages are sent only not even delievered when I try to call her it says that she is not available please help bbm is the only app that I can contact with her she's not from my country 😭😭
    02-27-16 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD