Hi everybody!

Yesterday i got a new bb Torch and wanted to restore my bbm contacts(had made a backup with email)but i got a message that i had to try it later again because my email was registering at blackberry messenger service...Can someone help,please!

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by GuillNelva; 12-15-10 at 03:30 AM.
    12-15-10 03:10 AM
    I've been getting that same message. Been looking for an answer myself.
    12-15-10 06:29 AM
    Have you tried to backup to an SD card? never used the mail backup options, but the Sd card backup has always worked for me.
    12-15-10 07:12 AM
    Funny thing there. My sd card backup failed. But I also copy backups tp laptop. So I got most back
    12-15-10 07:22 AM
    Don't know about that you can try to resend again and wai it to restore. But its better to backup via desktop manager this way you can just restore only your contacts if something ever goes wrong.
    12-16-10 12:15 PM
    It was failing for several days for me including remote backup registration. What you can do is a selective BBM restoration using the DM and the backup that you took. This worked for me but I have to get group invites again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 01:50 PM
    My bbm contacts were lost when I switched devices (probably cuz I failed to do a backup first) but I was quite amazed when they came back from the email restore feature. It worked beautifully!!! That was about a month ago so I'm a little foggy on the details but if you did store them remotely via email, you should be able to restore them.
    12-16-10 02:30 PM
    this happened to me as well. The torch can't read the backup files from older devices, I just backed it up from my computer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 03:00 PM
    usually if its taking awhile to reregister, you can try to resend the request or just wait it out. it may take up to a day. personally i never had it take longer than 15 minutes. resending usually works and overrides the previous request.
    12-16-10 03:03 PM
    yes that is how my email backup & restore worked... I submitted the restore request and then thought it had failed cuz nothing showed up. Then sometime later I noticed that the old BBM contacts were restored onto my new device.
    12-16-10 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD