Long story short, my BB accidentally went swimming earlier today and is now "certified." Luckily, I had access to another BB in which I have been able to set-up everything except my BBM. I know that if my former BB was still alive, I'd be able to transfer my BBM contacts over through the Desktop Manager, however, since it's gone, is there any way that I can recover my contacts???? I tried uploading a couple back-up files of my BB and it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated as I have quite an extensive BBM contact list.

Thanks!
    08-02-09 02:10 AM
    Anybody able to help or am I S.O.L.?
    08-02-09 11:21 AM
    If you aren't able to recover them from a backup, then you are out of luck.

Have you tried the Advanced option under Backup and Restore?
    08-02-09 12:20 PM
    Good news! I got all my contacts restored somewhat miraculously! Initially, when I configured my replacement BB Storm, my BBM's contact list was blank. After not finding any answers, I decided to download BBM 5.0 which I had on my other Storm before it died. Miraculously, after the OTA download it somehow was able to re-populate the new Storm with my previous contact list. Can someone explain how this worked?
    08-04-09 11:13 PM
    congrats!
    08-12-09 09:02 PM
    BBM5 backs up your contacts. when i deleted and reinstalled BBM5 on my 8900, it automatically restored my contacts after re-establishing connection with my default email address.
    08-13-09 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD