Hi, I had 1 alert showing up on my bbm.. Went to check, but there's no message, requests or anything! Now its gone up to 2 alerts!! And its driving me CRAZY!! Anyone who knows anything about this plz reply, thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 03:27 AM
    I'm not a pro but is it an update bbm from a contact or your carrier or rim? I get those from time to time. Like I said b4 I'm not a pro but I hope it helps keep us updated when u find answer. Good Luck!

09-24-10 06:18 AM
    I'm not completely sure but is it possible that one of your contacts has updated their status message? Or that you have recently added an email account to your BB?

Once in a while I'll get those and upon opening BBM there will be an alert at the top of the BBM home page, right above the contacts list. I finally got annoyed with that feature and turned the recent updates off by pressing the menu button from the BBM home screen and going to options. Toward the bottom you will see where it says "Recent Updates", which I change to none and unchecked the "Display music updates from contacts". I haven't received any notifications from BBM since other than for messages.

Hope this helps!
    09-24-10 09:17 AM
    Does a battery pull clear it?

Also, what does the symbol look like.
    09-24-10 10:56 AM
    are you sure its not a group message or update?

i get double notifications for my groups alot and have to re clear them manually.
    09-24-10 11:03 AM
    Most likely a group/message update.

09-24-10 12:32 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Eliminate all ignored contacts in your BBM contact list with open BBM application, click BB menu, select OPTIONS search ignored Contacts, then click EDIT, tick all PIN contacts and click OK.
    (Note: For those who never ignore the contact, you will not see the option, skip this step).

2. After that, press ALT LGLG, then CLEAR LOG, then answer YES.
    Then turn off and unplug your BlackBerry handheld battery, remove your sim card.After that reinstall your battery without the sim card.
    Let your BlackBerry Handheld restart without sim card.Then go to the BlackBerry Messenger application, youll see whats causing BBM messenger notification.

3. Once again, restart your BlackBerry, turn off your BlackBerry handheld.
    Disconnect the battery again. Reinstall the sim card and reinstall the batteries.
    10-13-10 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD