Ok...so I downloaded the new bbm 5.0 with no problem but then when I went to go check and see if it was on my phone its not where to be found but then when I went to my application list it shows up that its on my phone but I have no icon or nothing...keep in mind I am running the leaked 5.0os. Any help, tip or ideas or do I have to go back to the 4.7 version of the bbm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 07:40 AM
    Try a battery pull: leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put it back in and wait to boot up.
    10-08-09 08:04 AM
    Try a battery pull: leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put it back in and wait to boot up.
    Ok...I'm going to try that.
    10-08-09 09:10 AM
    Tried that and still no Icon...any other suggestions?
    10-08-09 09:22 AM
    did u look in all your foders? downloads, instant messenger, apps etc
    10-08-09 09:23 AM
    did u look in all your foders? downloads, instant messenger, apps etc
    Sure did...and still nothing. But its in my app list as it being on my phone.
    10-08-09 09:24 AM
    OK...so I d/l BBM w/o a hitch, but have 2 questions:

(a) Am I correct in that you don't need a BB to text someone via BBM (i.e. requesting a person via SMS feature)?

(b) I am on the Tour. Can anyone confirm that this SMS feature works on 5.0.0.230? I am on 4.7.1.53 and this feature is definitely worth the upgrade if I can SMS & BB from 1 feature.

Thanks.
    10-08-09 09:28 AM
    And if you set the 'dial from home screen': NO (from Phone-Options-General Options), you could just check it simply by pressing 'N' button

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 09:28 AM
    I tried just about everything and when I went to reinstall it...it said problem during installation...??? any ideas why?
    10-08-09 09:39 AM
    OK...so I d/l BBM w/o a hitch, but have 2 questions:

(a) Am I correct in that you don't need a BB to text someone via BBM (i.e. requesting a person via SMS feature)?

(b) I am on the Tour. Can anyone confirm that this SMS feature works on 5.0.0.230? I am on 4.7.1.53 and this feature is definitely worth the upgrade if I can SMS & BB from 1 feature.

Thanks.
    a) In order for you and someone else to communicate using BBM, both you and your contact have to have BBM. As far as SMS goes, you use that feature in case you do not know the BB PIN of the person you are trying to link up with using BBM. For instance, if you know my cell number but not my pin, you would send me a SMS request for BBM.

b) Sorry I can't answer that one.

For the original issue. Have you tried checking to see if your BBM icon is hidden for some reason. On the home screen, click the menu button to the left of the track ball and select "show all." See if your BBM icon is grayed out. If so, hover over it and deselect "hide."
    Last edited by johnnywoods; 10-08-09 at 10:07 AM.
    10-08-09 10:04 AM
    Thanks so much for clarifying the SMS/BBM issue Johnny
    10-08-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD