Hey Guys,

So I'm having some problems here, every new 5.0 OS i update to, has the new 5.0 BBM on it, and I'm not really a fan of it. So I suppose what I'm getting at here is...How can I install a new OS on my phone, and keep the old BBM on it? Without having to install the new os and then do sort of an OTA downgrade, and lose all my contacts.

Ive looked around but everything I find in google is about when BBM 5.0 first leaked, any help is appreciated.
    02-15-10 07:10 PM
    Most OS's to date actually included BBM 4.7, not the new 5.0.

When you update your OS, if you already have BBM 5.0 on your device, you'll probably find BBM there twice.
    The first one in the list near the top is 4.7 and will likely say Remove.
    There will be another listing for BBM down amongst your 3rd Party Apps. That is 5.0.

If tick the top one and uncheck the lower one, you'll have BBM 4.7 again.

I have no idea if you'll lose your BBM Contacts.

I can't imagine why you would want to remove BBM 5.0. It is so much more feature-rich, and it's not like your short on memory with the 9700.

What don't you like in particular?
    Maybe there are some settings changes that can be made that help you enjoy it more.
    02-15-10 07:28 PM
    interested to know why 4.7 over 5.0 myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 07:47 PM
    GG! Where have you been? It's been like a month or two without posting in the same threads...

Whenever I see a post/thread like this, I always think that it might just be someone who doesn't understand how flexible and full options the BB can be.
    02-15-10 07:51 PM
    GG! Where have you been? It's been like a month or two without posting in the same threads...

Whenever I see a post/thread like this, I always think that it might just be someone who doesn't understand how flexible and full options the BB can be.
    elite! I thought you were hiding somewhere and abandoned CB . You're right about how flexible and full options the BB can be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD