Okay, I'm new here< so first of all HELLO!

Here is my question. I accidentally deleted a BBM contact, that I only knew through bbm, however I really miss talking to her.

She sent me several pictures, which I still have. Is there any type of unique identifier in pictures to there PIN or anything that would help me find her?

Thanks in advance.
    02-09-10 04:54 PM
    Depending on the version of BBM that you were using, and if the "saved history" was turned on... or if u had a recent back up... there are some options....

With the Saved History....
    On the Device Memory/Media Card, open the folder Blackberry, then IM, then bbm... the PINs of the contacts that you chatted with are here. You can load them onto a computer for faster viewing (searching) or it may be the only one...

If you had a recent backup...

With Desktop Manger- Go to backup/restore, advanced. On the left side, click load and find the most recent backup that you had of the phone. Load, then scroll down to bbm contacts click >> and then move that entry onto the phone...

WIth BBM 5.0+ go to the homescreen of BBM, menu, options, then restore using an email addy...

best of luck....
    02-09-10 04:58 PM
    Wasn't this same thing posted before? No, there is no unique ID, you have to talk to them to get the PIN back.
    02-09-10 04:58 PM
    She sent me several pictures, which I still have. Is there any type of unique identifier in pictures to there PIN or anything that would help me find her?
    The only thing on the the pics is usually the Time Stamp attached to the file name... i haven't seen a PIN code attached that way before...
    02-09-10 05:03 PM
    Hope you had the automatic backup on since thats the only way to get the pin# back.
    02-09-10 05:26 PM
    I was thinking more along the lines of opening the pic in notepad, and looking into the code. There is some stuff in there like type of phone et cetera.
    02-09-10 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD