Ok here is my question. I downloaded BBM 5.0 on our 8330 curves from Verizon and we were unhappy with it because of the picture transfer, cant view it, have to download it. My question is If I get the Storm 2 when it comes out and my wife keeps the curve 8330 will we have the same problems? I would assume so right?
    10-19-09 08:16 AM
    The answer is Yes.. As long as you stay on the BBM5.0 you will keep having this problem.

You never know they might fix this issue.. I want to change back to the old BBM but I am not sure how to do it.
    10-19-09 08:20 AM
    Ok here is my question. I downloaded BBM 5.0 on our 8330 curves from Verizon and we were unhappy with it because of the picture transfer, cant view it, have to download it. My question is If I get the Storm 2 when it comes out and my wife keeps the curve 8330 will we have the same problems? I would assume so right?
    I've been reading some threads on this issue... it appears some people have had success by turning off memory card encryption or saving pictures directly to device memory instead of the memory card. For others, it seems to be related to the OS version.
    10-19-09 09:32 AM
    The answer is Yes.. As long as you stay on the BBM5.0 you will keep having this problem.

You never know they might fix this issue.. I want to change back to the old BBM but I am not sure how to do it.
    There are basically two ways to do this... (going back to the old BBM)
    One is thru an over-the-air (aka OTA) download. This is usually fine, but if you do not have a backup of your BBM contact list the chance you will loose all your contacts is pretty high.
    Another way is by using desktop manager and reloading an installed OS. You would uncheck the box that says BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.33 (or whatever it is) and make sure the lower version's checkbox is checked.

Either way, backing up your contact list is a good idea.
    10-19-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD