Hello all! Please help me here. I woke up this morning and had a bbm contact request from an unknown email address. I figured it was from a friend of mine so I hit accept. After I hit accept, the contacts email address was then sent to my pending contacts folder. I thought that was very strange for it to be pending if I accepted the request. Furthurmore, I decided to send emails to that pending email address and each email came back as undeliverable as that email address does not exist. The email address was companyukeep or spmethin like that. I just deleted it from the pending folder.

My question is:

Is this some kind of hack/spam or somethin? Even tho it was easy to delete, I'm curious if it will raise its head somewhere down the line. Just a little worried that I accepted a request from a non-existant email address called companyukeep.

Thank you
    10-22-09 01:09 PM
    the person that request a bbm friend deleted you thats why it remain in your bbm folder pending request. The person was either testing a barcode scan or pin add. It happen to me a lot. Nothing to worry about.
    10-22-09 01:34 PM
    Thanks..Actually a friend of mine just told me that it was from her. Now Im confused why I was able to receive a request from her email address but when I try to email her, the email address does not exist.

I am releived to know it was legit. Thanks for your response
    10-22-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD