Sorry, but I'm posting from my Storm away from my computer, so search will have to wait for a while!

Anyway, I was trying to hook up my future gf with BBM5.0 and I accidentally sent her the link for the Storm, but she has a Curve. Her BB messenger was gone after she installed it. I finally sent her the page with all of the links for the various phones, and I have to assume she finally put the right link on...but still no BBM of ANY kind now.

Help me please. She is going to punish me if I don't get this squared away soon.

Thanks...
    09-25-09 12:49 AM
    Sorry, but I'm posting from my Storm away from my computer, so search will have to wait for a while!

Anyway, I was trying to hook up my future gf with BBM5.0 and I accidentally sent her the link for the Storm, but she has a Curve. Her BB messenger was gone after she installed it. I finally sent her the page with all of the links for the various phones, and I have to assume she finally put the right link on...but still no BBM of ANY kind now.

Help me please. She is going to punish me if I don't get this squared away soon.

Thanks...
    LMAO... Your best bet will be to go into options advanced options applications and delete BBM and then go here BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs and d/l the BBM5.rar file that has all OS's and then use DM to install BBM5. What you want to do if you go this route is first make sure that the OS that she is currently using is installed to the pc. Then go to the C:/ Program Files, Common Files, Research in Motion, and then Shared and Loader and click on her current OS folder. Then you want to drag over the Blackberry Messenger.alx file over with the rest of the .alx files and then you want to open the Java folder and drag and drop all the net_rim files from the BBM5.rar OS list for her current OS. Hope that isn't too confusing good luck.
    09-25-09 01:18 AM
    I was laughing at this when I first saw it

Thanks...
    In all seriousness, I hope everything works out for you (future G/F and phone)
    09-25-09 01:28 AM
    Or better yet, forget messing with crap beta's and go back to the original BBM.
    09-25-09 01:41 AM
    Or better yet, forget messing with crap beta's and go back to the original BBM.
    Amen to that!
    09-25-09 01:54 AM
    Thanks for the replies... I have a feeling I may enjoy the punishment...:evileyes:
    09-25-09 01:58 AM
    How about a sweet link where I can just link her up?
    09-25-09 02:23 AM
    click the link in my sig and read it over. you need to upgrade her OS to 4.5.0.131 first if shes on a verizon curve 8330, then install BBM5. if shes on a curve 8900, just use the OTA links in my BBM sticky thread link.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 09-25-09 at 04:17 AM.
    09-25-09 04:01 AM
    thanks a bunch. I will do this asap and report back. She's kinda the drill squad type, so I better not **** her off, otherwise I'll be feeling her wrath for weeks to come...

I'm posting like this for her benefit... she'll know soon enough, that I wear the pants...lol.
    09-25-09 05:24 AM
    well, which Curve is it for?
    09-25-09 05:36 AM
    well, which Curve is it for?
    This was my question. Was curious if you were trying on an 83xx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 06:44 AM

I'm about to be toast. Everything I've told her to try so far has failed. I really liked this one too. I'm gonna have to ....i don't know... I hope she has a merciful bone in her body...
    09-25-09 09:09 AM
    click the link in my sig and read it over. you need to upgrade her OS to 4.5.0.131 first if shes on a verizon curve 8330, then install BBM5. if shes on a curve 8900, just use the OTA links in my BBM sticky thread link.
    Thanks. She lives in another city,... I'm going to see her tonight. Hopefully this will bail me out and I'll be able to post on this board again tonight, if not...I'm glad I could be part of this forum for a little while.
    09-25-09 09:11 AM
    lmfao no love for you anytime soon! thats as bad as tryin to fix her car and breakin it worst just playing...GOOD LUCK!
    09-25-09 09:19 AM
    So let me get this straight, you tried to hook your girlfriend up with a beta program, and I'm sure you probably didn't tell her it was a beta program, and then on top of that you didn't even know how to troubleshoot if something went wrong??? Seriously? You sir deserve whatever wrath she brings upon you. Downgrade her back to her original BBM and leave well enough alone. BBM5 has enough issues as is and since she's out of town, if she has a problem you won't be able to fix it from far away.

09-25-09 12:01 PM
    It's hilarious that people blame the fact that BBM 5 isn't official that they have problems. As long as the phone has the proper OS on it and you install the proper version of BBM 5, it works just as good (if not better) than the official versions of BBM.

Blaming a beta OS is one thing when there's a lot more that can go wrong, but blaming a small program that works flawlessly as long as it's installed correctly though hasn't been "officially" released is just plain nitpicking.

Every thread I've seen with people complaining about BBM 5 screwing up their phone has basically been user error from either not installing the correct version or installing on an OS that doesn't support it. The fact that it's technically beta really has nothing to do with anything since countless people are using it and have been using it without any issues whatsoever.
    09-25-09 12:42 PM
    yea, but we are always gonna have "no-beta nutswingers" around here. the fix is simple.

backup her phone, upgrade to .131, restore her phone, install BBM5 OTA.
    09-25-09 01:00 PM
    Ok...first upgrade to .131...if not already...if already on .131 then delete bbm from app list and go here to install
    Newly Updated BBM5 Links OTA/DM Install ThemeUrBB
    This should work for your future gf. Hope this helps. If you have any other probe just add me PIN is above.

09-25-09 01:26 PM
    Well, I just got back from my first date with this leggy godess, and other than my phone ineptitude, I don't think it went too bad. I checked her operating system out (the phone op sys, lol) and it's .77. I tried to upgrade her to .131, but the update didn't show as being available. I guess .131 isn't official huh? I guess I'll have to meet her tomorrow and abduct her phone for a few hours and do the whole 'laptop' thing with it... :sad:

I was hoping I could just send her a link for the original BBM that came with her phone and be done with it.

I feel like such a dork. Worse than that, I actually spent the first hour of our date playing with her stinkin' phone trying to make it right...to no avail.
    09-26-09 03:48 AM
    dude ur impossible. again...read the link in my sig. it explains how to upgrade a verizon 8330 to the .131 OS. the proper upgrading procedures are also posted there. OS .131 is and official Sprint release so its not going to show up as an update when you plug her phone in and you have .131 installed on the computer. it sure sounds like you have no idea what you are doing, i would advise against touching her phone until you read my post thoroughly and get a clue.
    09-26-09 11:42 AM
    dude ur impossible. again...read the link in my sig. it explains how to upgrade a verizon 8330 to the .131 OS. the proper upgrading procedures are also posted there. OS .131 is and official Sprint release so its not going to show up as an update when you plug her phone in and you have .131 installed on the computer. it sure sounds like you have no idea what you are doing, i would advise against touching her phone until you read my post thoroughly and get a clue.
    come on, don't be a jerkoff. I read you sig and stuff, I just wasn't planning on making my date a 'phone go round' with my future gf. I have gone to **** and back with my phone, but I was hoping it would be as easy as OTA update or something.

Maybe I will be able to fix her junk before she gets upset with me and goes to Verizon...
    09-26-09 12:53 PM
    I finally did read that. Like I said, I wasn't counting on having a phone-a-thon with her on my first date..

wish me luck though... she is a KEEPER!!
    09-26-09 12:56 PM
    you cant do an OTA install of BBM5 until her OS is upgraded. its not going to be easy to fix until .131 is installed on her phone. then you can do the OTA. it only takes 20-30 mins to do the upgrade so have her come over and do it for her.
    09-28-09 04:12 PM
    Seriously you need to read about stuff before you do anything, cause you obviously have no idea of what your doing with a BB

09-30-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD