Help me! Im new to BlackBerry and CB, and am getting a little frustrated. I've been trying to read as much as I can to learn more about my new BB, but I cannot get my friends added to Messenger.

At one point I was friends with some of my fellow BB users, and even holding convos with them, and the next thing I know they arent showing up on my buddy list anymore. When they try to request me, etc, I am not getting the invitation.

Someone help!
    05-28-08 03:32 PM
    I have similar problem. I have added buddies & they are pending. They never got the request. I am able to add some people and not others. Weird.
    05-28-08 03:35 PM
    Do a battery pull.

NOTE: I have no idea if this will actually work, but it seems to fix most problems with Berrys. lol
    05-28-08 03:57 PM
    Don't know if yours is the same problem but I recently experienced the same thing. The friend did not have the data package subscription from his carrier but once he added it it finally worked and we now talk with no problem.
    05-28-08 04:22 PM
    So this is another question stemming from the original. You can have the pin of a person and talk to them through their pin. AND you can separably add them as a buddy in blackberry messenger? What is the difference?
    05-28-08 04:33 PM
    a pin message is more akin to an email...

a blackberry messenger message is like an instant message (with smilies and whatnot) and you can see when the message has been delivered and read...

-db
    05-28-08 04:35 PM
    no kidding! I never knew that? I will have to try that, I have been using them in the email sense.
    05-28-08 04:44 PM
    go to bb messenger app

click menu>add contact>scroll to use once and click menu again>request by pin

its awesome... anyone with a blackberry has a pin... you can im till the cows come home...

-db
    05-28-08 04:48 PM
    im having trouble with this as well... my brother sent me a request last week... i never got anything... and i sent him a request today and still nothing... we are doing it by pin

i dont know if him having two BB is causing a problem, i say this cause when i try to add him it brings up both his phone numbers and wont let me select either... i dont know im having all kinds of problems with messanger
    05-28-08 05:07 PM
    Yeah I did a battery pull & no dice. I am positive the other person has a data plan too. You have to have a data plan to have a BB! Weird.
    05-28-08 05:30 PM
    i dont know if him having two BB is causing a problem, i say this cause when i try to add him it brings up both his phone numbers and wont let me select either... i dont know im having all kinds of problems with messanger
    You shouldn't be selecting a phone number. As I understand it, BBMessenger lets you add buddies by PIN or by email, not by phone number. The contacts page only has one slot for PIN number. Add the PIN there and then add them as a buddy by selecting their name in the contact list instead of the Use Once option. If they have two BBs you may have to make a seperate contact entry for each line and add the PINs that way.
    Last edited by Kronk; 05-28-08 at 05:40 PM.
    05-28-08 05:38 PM
    go to bb messenger app

click menu>add contact>scroll to use once and click menu again>request by pin

-db
    I followed this advice instead of doing it through email and my messenger finally seems to be working! Thanks for the advice!
    05-28-08 06:20 PM
    ok what do you do when it says pending? thats what im up to... i havent gotten anything from him and he hasnt gotten anything from me....

EDIT: im seeing a smilely face with a plus sign next to his PIN under the pending drop down...

im sure its going to turn out like im just not doing something stupid... but im just not seeing what im missing
    Last edited by mburke1124; 05-28-08 at 07:03 PM.
    05-28-08 07:01 PM
    i've found that adding contacts by PIN is far more reliable than adding by email.
    05-28-08 07:07 PM
    im getting that far but what happens when it goes to pending... what am i supposed to do???? this is getting annoying... it seems like i should just click on his pin and say accept... or maybe she should click on mine and click accept
    05-28-08 07:12 PM
    Whoever received the the request has to "accept" it..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 07:16 PM
    im sure this has nothing to do with it but what is enterprise activation (under options->advanced->enterprise activation)? my status on there says not active
    05-28-08 07:28 PM
    When you send the invite to a person's email address, an email is sent to their email address (which presumably goes to an email on the bb which is not always the case) -- with a header that is supposed to make it hidden (but not all of them are -- they usually show up in Outlook but not always in gmail or aol) -- and this is part of the accept process, and it doesn't always work. I've found the invites to pretty flawless if sent to a PIN number. You *may* have to address it to a PIN number using the "use once" option for addressing and enter the PIN manually -- doesn't seem to want to find PIN numbers even if they are in your address book. But the invitee must then accept the invite to take the invitee out of pending and into the contact list.
    05-28-08 07:31 PM
    no matter what it (the confirmation/acceptance thingy) will end up in a email though?
    05-28-08 07:36 PM
    alright im giving up... i guess ill just stick to texting...
    05-28-08 08:27 PM
    when mine was in pending i sent them a message and we began a convo and it worked that way. if its still pending try sending another request via pin if you havent done so already! maybe that will work for you!
    05-28-08 09:21 PM
    mine still says pending. they never received the request. they sent me one & I didn't receive it either. i don't get it! some people are added just fine & others don't work. of course there is no support for this dang thing!
    05-29-08 05:37 PM
    I'm having this same problem. Has anyone figured out how to cure it? It is only with one person...

thanks
    01-11-09 08:49 AM
    How do I know if I have a media package. I am trying to tell my friend how to add me on blackberry messanger, but she told me she didn't recieve my friend request and I"m not recieving hers. She has the internet. I am thinking she may not have a media package, but if I ask her, she will have no clue what I am talking about. thanks
    04-12-09 02:27 PM
    Don't get caught up in a name. Most carriers, if you have a blackberry, you have a data plan, which I guess you are calling a media package. If you can get to the internet, you can PIN because it uses the data plan/Internet to send pins Blackberry to Blackberry.
    04-19-10 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD