10-08-11 09:15 PM
79 1234
tools
    To add...met my wife online as well in 2003...married 4 years this May...has its ups and downs, but compromise goes far...sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 12:43 AM
    At 48 years old, I considered getting married for the first time. Started looking online. I was living in Seattle. Finally after six months I started a dialogue with a woman living in Chattanooga. We chatted, phoned and wrote letters for eight months. Sent gifts, etc. I flew out for a week, went back to Seattle, packed and moved three months later in October 2001. Got an apartment in Chattanooga, we dated for nine months, planned a wedding for the next May (2002) and got married nine years ago this coming May. Still happy and content.

Moral: If you can't tell that it's right, you shouldn't be involved with it. I wish you all the best wishes, Paladinleeds.
    First of all, thanks for the good wishes.

As I said, I have been friends with them for 5+ years. I met her for the first time through a shared interest (which at the time for me was a game called RuneScape). She does live in Southern England, which is a fair trek for me in the almighty Leeds, but that's besides the point. Me and this lass have been using MSN video and everything, I've been phoning her, texting her, she's phoned me from time to time. So I am certain it's right.

I've been to DJ meets alone when they've been on the other side of the country (Leeds to Bristol anyone?), I've got a fellow DJ coming to meet me in Leeds at Easter. She might bring a friend along, I however see no need to. The people online I work with, and the long-term friends, are those I can trust to meet, potentially alone. However to meet the friend of 5+ years, I am considering taking my mum with me (I'm 20, so what?). The Easter meet is in my homecity, I am usually quite fearless in my home city.
    02-07-11 04:17 AM
    +1 to making BBM require a valid email address and allowing people to report PIN's to RIM for flagrant abuse..
    02-07-11 12:43 PM
    it's been a while but when I had BBM before I posted my pin in the social area here and a lot of randoms would add me and I would be okay with just chatting with people but often most would just ask for photos or send pictures of there body parts. I would just delete them. People are strange.

I met my current boyfriend online, we actually began talking about out ex's and it grew into something more. I am very happy and and we are currently planning on moving in together, this honestly is the best realtionship I have had with a person so I am glad that even though how we came to talk as not the best way I realized things happen for a reason, this is what I got from it. I do think people need to be very careful though with metting people from the internet esp. if your under 18.
    Last edited by frreshh; 02-07-11 at 12:55 PM.
    02-07-11 12:52 PM
    I met my husband online also, but we didnt meet in person till 2 yrs after .. that was 10 yrs ago. And we are still together and happy.. But when we met we weren't looking for a partner, we met on a gaming site not a dating one. I think that's the key, not to push for it, if its meant to be it will happen.

02-07-11 05:08 PM
    With the 30+ people I had on BBM, none of them were sexting contacts. I've also got lots of contacts on pretty much all the other IM apps and none of them are for sex chat. Of course, I've had a lot of chat requests from people wanting to "chat", but the number is a lot lower than the people I actually chat with.
    02-08-11 04:09 PM
    Before I got my DROID, I had BigBadWolf on my BBM.

He never asked me for sex.

J/K wolf!

02-08-11 06:42 PM
    Before I got my DROID, I had BigBadWolf on my BBM.

He never asked me for sex.

J/K wolf!

lol!! so funny. best comment yet
    02-08-11 07:02 PM
    BBM is the AOL chat room of the 2010s.
    02-08-11 07:05 PM
    Welcome to the new age of communication lol
    02-10-11 10:41 PM
    Go to the Blackberry Facebook page. PIN spam EVERYWHERE. It's pretty hard to read anything about Blackberries on any facebook page or Blog because the comments are doomed to get dominated by pin spam. It's disgusting and sad all at the same time.
    howarmat likes this.
    02-11-11 04:04 AM
    its sad when something good is being misused like that....
    02-11-11 08:15 PM
    Yes, I get invites constantly (even after removing my PIN from CB) and they are all dudes who just want to pic swap. Um, get a life? I've met some cool people on BBM, but I have over 50 PINs in my "ignore" list. It's really sad. Some of the guys who add me get really graphic. I like to talk to people, but I'm happily married and not interested in anything more than casual every day chit-chat. I don't even accept invites anymore, I just automatically delete and ignore the person now.
    02-11-11 08:48 PM
    Yes, I get invites constantly (even after removing my PIN from CB) and they are all dudes who just want to pic swap. Um, get a life? I've met some cool people on BBM, but I have over 50 PINs in my "ignore" list. It's really sad. Some of the guys who add me get really graphic. I like to talk to people, but I'm happily married and not interested in anything more than casual every day chit-chat. I don't even accept invites anymore, I just automatically delete and ignore the person now.
    my old msn used to be like that, about 200 blocked people, i had the email for quite a few years. but yeah. lots of creeps out there!!
    02-11-11 08:59 PM
    It's so pathetic. I don't get it. Just use Google images if you want naughty pics. How desperate do you have to be to BBM a random person for sex?

02-11-11 09:07 PM
    lmao i know!!!
    02-11-11 09:17 PM
    Want to be BBM friends, Ria? We can pic swap! LMAO.

02-11-11 09:32 PM
    Want to be BBM friends, Ria? We can pic swap! LMAO.

lol oh yes i can show you pictures of my.. foot lmaooo!
    02-11-11 09:35 PM
    That's hot! I'll show you my ankle! Scandalous!

ria__x likes this.
    02-11-11 09:46 PM
    It's so pathetic. I don't get it. Just use Google images if you want naughty pics. How desperate do you have to be to BBM a random person for sex?

That's what I do. Jk

lol oh yes i can show you pictures of my.. foot lmaooo!
    That's hot! I'll show you my ankle! Scandalous!

You know there are actually people with those fetishes, right?
    02-11-11 10:50 PM
    lol@CASH they can be apparently so....
    02-12-11 12:48 AM
    Obviously, if I was to add hmutt or ria to BBM, I'd just want to be friends. I am seeing somebody (who uses a Nokia btw) and I am loyal to one lass (that I am with or seeing), without exception. I even see cheating as an offence worthy of capital punishment.

However, because of what has happened, poor hmutt and trinityrose have been forced into believe that every guy on BBM wants just that, sub-consciously. It's a shame really, as there are some great people using BlackBerry smartphones (I'd just love to get Barack Obama's BBPIN)
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 02-12-11 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Correcting Names
    02-12-11 07:06 AM
    I agree, Paladinleeds. There are some great people on BBM and I have roughly 18 contacts who I've never met IRL that are great people. However, the 18 honest contacts versus the 50+ that are ignored due to pervy-ness or creepy-ness suggest that the majority of people adding me want to "pic swap" or whatever. No bueno!

If anyone actually wants to talk, they are welcome to PM here first for my PIN.

drano likes this.
    02-12-11 08:06 AM
    2332baa8 fit tan and Italian add me girls from ontario
    04-09-11 08:01 PM
    Add me 21da2ed6

05-18-11 06:08 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD