10-08-11 08:15 PM
79 1234
tools
    He always has something negative to chime in with, but its entertaining so I don't mind

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Isn't that the definition of trolling?
    02-05-11 01:48 PM
    your stuck with a blackberry, what else is there to talk about?
    So ur telling us that that's all you talk about with your friends when using ur berry, but I doubt you have any with such attitude? Attention seeking whorez these days...

02-05-11 02:07 PM
    I've noticed that lately since I got my new blackberry, on all reviews .
    One actually put 'add me for s*x chat and rude pictures' O.O
    You never know who your talking to is a genuine person, unless you've been talking to them for years and not just through msn or bbm or w/e
    I actually met one of my best mates through online chatting (:
    It's just getting worse now though, it's everywhere.
    I like the idea of the permanent virus ^.^
    02-05-11 02:08 PM
    I've noticed that lately since I got my new blackberry, on all reviews .
    One actually put 'add me for s*x chat and rude pictures' O.O
    You never know who your talking to is a genuine person, unless you've been talking to them for years and not just through msn or bbm or w/e
    I actually met one of my best mates through online chatting (:
    It's just getting worse now though, it's everywhere.
    I like the idea of the permanent virus ^.^
    I want to create a virus for it such that those who do it, they get the virus, and it causes the battery to overheat, and the BlackBerry to short-circuit, which will result in said BlackBerry exploding while in use.
    02-05-11 02:34 PM
    Lmao most chats and blogs today are about sex, it's kind of annoying, but honestly I don't find it that surprising...
    02-05-11 02:43 PM
    I want to create a virus for it such that those who do it, they get the virus, and it causes the battery to overheat, and the BlackBerry to short-circuit, which will result in said BlackBerry exploding while in use.
    I'll help make it aha :')
    Well if I knew how to I would
    02-05-11 03:03 PM
    I am meeting someone in the summer for the first time, however I have been friends with them for 5+ years, we've used MSN video chat and stuff. We've texted and called each other. I'm pretty safe on my bets that this is a genuine person. True, there is still the chance they could have been an expert spoofer, but I think with all the internet stuff we've done that has let us see and hear each other, then it is a risk I am willing to take.
    No no, I think you are perfectly safe, you have known them for over 5 yrs, but there are some that use bbm and want to get it on with someone right away. Anyone can send pics they get off the internet, its just so wrong, people are so gullible..I'm so reluctant now adding people because of some of the people on bmm. Even when you make it clear you aren't into that, they keep pushing for it!

02-05-11 03:39 PM
    Isn't that the definition of trolling?
    It definitely is... I just don't let it bother me so much. When I start letting others on a forum affect my mood then I have a problem.

02-05-11 03:42 PM
    It definitely is... I just don't let it bother me so much. When I start letting others on a forum affect my mood then I have a problem.
    This. I have enough problems with people I know from school being douchebags... They're bigger fish to fry then some guy who decides to be a TrollTrucker.
    02-05-11 07:29 PM
    Several if the ladies on my BBM have been seriously bothered in the past by people that seem to think that having them on BBM means that they wanna get down with 'dirty chat'. A couple of the guys have had similar experiences, but that definitely isn't what I go for, at all. I've met several of my CrackBerry contacts, now, and we've had fun without it turning into Animal House Online. Mutual respect still counts in some circles, you just have to find the right ones.

02-05-11 07:44 PM
    Several if the ladies on my BBM have been seriously bothered in the past by people that seem to think that having them on BBM means that they wanna get down with 'dirty chat'. A couple of the guys have had similar experiences, but that definitely isn't what I go for, at all. I've met several of my CrackBerry contacts, now, and we've had fun without it turning into Animal House Online. Mutual respect still counts in some circles, you just have to find the right ones.

I agree, its just hard to find the right ones amongst the bad apples

02-05-11 08:27 PM
    Not exactly what the OP meant but:

It's sex chat if you join a group that are looking for "friends to chat/have fun with."

Ginormous red flag. What else do you think you are going to talk to a complete stranger about?

I'm having a great time with BBM but I only belong to two groups: one specifically for Christians and one for NBA fans. That's what they advertised, that's what I wanted, that's all I signed up for. No general "let's exchange PINs and chat" or the ubiquitous "New to BB and looking for friends" groups or the "looking for cool people to chill with".

Red flag, red flag, red flag.
    02-05-11 10:22 PM
    I see those posts once in a while and just ignore them and move on. I don't have enough time to worry about horny people looking for other horny people. At least they're upfront about what they want and don't try to pretend they are something they aren't just to get pin numbers and bother the unsuspecting.
    02-05-11 11:24 PM
    Add me to bbm lookin for hot girls only!

02-05-11 11:35 PM
    people should start to e-mail BB so that they can sort it out. There are so many good apps there with 1 star feedback saying "add me, xxxxxxxx, just girls".
    02-06-11 05:22 AM
    That's what I don't like. I like to read reviews and rating of apps. The "bBm me" reviews get in the way a bit, making it more difficult to get a true rating/review of an app.

02-06-11 05:36 AM
    As many of you said....its pitiful and a shame.
    but it is also a way, as indicated above, of getting spam.
    You have have a six pack and reply to that 21/f, but she may be older or a guy and now you will get spam direct to your BBM. Who needs that!?

Hey, but what do I know. I'm blue and fuzzy...and I have a six pack. it's in my fridge!
    Nikidinho likes this.
    02-06-11 10:53 AM
    ....its pitiful and a shame
    Actually, what's pitiful and shameful is that RIM won't put a stop to it. It's would be so incredible easy and simple to do.

1) Require registration, with PIN, before allowing posting.
    2) After a sex spam post in a review, warn them a time or two and then ban the account that PIN is registered to.

There, all fixed and the review feature is once again usable for it's intended purpose rather than being hijacked by all the low class crap being posted now....
    02-06-11 12:32 PM
    All of the IM are effected by this not just BBM. In any apps store you always see this kind of comments for any IM app. I guess plenty of fish in the sea is not cutting it anymore.
    02-06-11 01:00 PM
    I'm having a great time with BBM but I only belong to two groups: one specifically for Christians and one for NBA fans.
    Wonder what Christian BBM group that is, AJ. Seriously, I'm the same way. I'm in the same Christian group as AJ & another that's a small group of guys from a more general phone site. And we haven't discussed sex in either one, yet.

There are a few good rules to deal with the sex stuff. 1) If you don't want sex talk in your BBM chat, don't join that type of chat. 2) Since we're all imperfect, if we do get into the wrong type of chat group, quit the group. 3) If appworld reviews are including info we'd rather avoid, don't read them. 4) Remember that the rest of us have a real life. You know. The kind where we actually have relationships that don't rely on one night stands with people we don't know, so we don't have to wonder what else they might give us as a "gift".
    howarmat likes this.
    02-06-11 04:10 PM
    to me its sad that its posted in the review section and everyone sees it.. but i mean long as i don't have that type of people on my bbm it dont bother me
    02-06-11 04:58 PM
    Have had my curve 3g since December, don't know many people with BBM.

If it's populated by people wanting sex chat I may just avoid it.
    02-06-11 05:10 PM
    Back when I had a BB I only used BBM for "sex chat"...</guilty>.
    02-06-11 06:05 PM
    Have had my curve 3g since December, don't know many people with BBM.

If it's populated by people wanting sex chat I may just avoid it.
    No, this is a blatent lie. BBM is NOT populated by all people wanting sex. I have over 60 contacts on my BBM and they all are there for various reasons; none of which includes sex. Having similar interests and knowing a lot about your phone leads to many new friends; running a fantasy football league leads to new friends. Don't give up on BBM before you start based on what you're seeing here. The OP started by saying there are folks looking for sex in their AppWorld reviews. That is disgusting. There are plenty of great people on BBM if you give it a chance.
    02-06-11 08:59 PM
    At 48 years old, I considered getting married for the first time. Started looking online. I was living in Seattle. Finally after six months I started a dialogue with a woman living in Chattanooga. We chatted, phoned and wrote letters for eight months. Sent gifts, etc. I flew out for a week, went back to Seattle, packed and moved three months later in October 2001. Got an apartment in Chattanooga, we dated for nine months, planned a wedding for the next May (2002) and got married nine years ago this coming May. Still happy and content.

Moral: If you can't tell that it's right, you shouldn't be involved with it. I wish you all the best wishes, Paladinleeds.
    Amazingly close to my own story. Met my wife online in Oct. Of 2000, married in April of 02. Still going strong, also.

02-06-11 11:04 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD