so i have quite a few cases for the Tour... Incipio feather, a couple leather pouches, a skin or two.

today, i picked up the hard-shell case/holster combo from VZW. nice fit, nice holster... $24.

i think thisll be the one i 'use'.

sorry, no pics.
    11-25-09 04:25 PM
    That's the one I've been using since day one, its perfect and simple. My tour has not a single scratch and I have the privacy protector for the screen. You made a great choice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 04:42 PM
    Is it the one with all the horizontal lines on the back and sise of it(kind of "ribbed")? If thats the one you're talking about, then I've had it since August and I love it. The only bad part, is that I have to take it off every night to put my phone in it's charging pod.
    11-25-09 04:48 PM
    yes, its the 'ribbed' case.... and while i have the charging pod, im not going to go through the hassle of removing it every time i charge the phone.
    11-25-09 04:52 PM
    I know what you mean. The case is a ***** to take off, especially after you just cut your fingernails! Knowaimeen?
    11-25-09 05:27 PM
    Ahh, yeah, luckily I don't use the pod, but I agree that this case is extremely convenient

11-25-09 06:24 PM
    Could you post some pics, or a site where I can see that case?
    11-25-09 07:08 PM
    I have the same case, I love it but yes it is hard to take off if you need to do a battery pull.

11-25-09 07:14 PM
    Wish I could but not able to. Sorry. But I do def. recommend this case and holster combo. I hardly ever use the holster unless I'm in my speedo.

11-25-09 07:16 PM
    I have the same case, I love it but yes it is hard to take off if you need to do a battery pull.

Just use the ALT + Rt. Shift + Del keys at same time. Very convenient.

11-25-09 07:18 PM
    I use a Body Glove case, have dropped my phone 10FT off a ladder onto cement and nothing at all happened. The case stayed on the phone also instead of coming off like most case's do when it falls.

Body Glove | Store
    11-25-09 07:19 PM
    Thanks for the hook up didn't know that will do that instead of pulling battery.
    Just use the ALT + Rt. Shift + Del keys at same time. Very convenient.

11-25-09 09:15 PM
    I use a skin and never put my BB in harms way
    11-26-09 12:09 PM
    I use a Body Glove case, have dropped my phone 10FT off a ladder onto cement and nothing at all happened. The case stayed on the phone also instead of coming off like most case's do when it falls.

Body Glove | Store
    I also only use and love the Body Glove cases. Been using them since my Razor and they are awesome! Very durable and they look good too!

11-26-09 03:35 PM
    Strange, but the case isn't listed on VZW's site.

I bought mine off the shelf in the VZW retail store.

11-26-09 05:47 PM
    This thead is useless without pics........
    11-27-09 10:11 PM
    I know what you mean. The case is a ***** to take off, especially after you just cut your fingernails! Knowaimeen?
    I was checking this case out earlier today in the Verizon store and the tech had a heck of a time getting it off his phone! I don't know what he eventually used, but he went into the backroom and came out with the case removed. I don't use a charging pod, but I'd like to at some point, so even though this case looks really cool in person, I don't think I am going to get it. There are other threads on this forum that describe what the case looks like. It reminded me of the Case-Mate Barely There case or the outer shell for the Incipio case. There is no protection for the top part of the phone, just like with the Case-Mate Barely There. It's a one piece that covers the back and sides, and I think the bottom, and then fits a what appears to be a Seido-like holster. I had a holster like that with my Env from Verizon and I dropped that phone so many times I am surprised I didn't break the phone! My car door caught the phone holster a lot and sent the phone flying to the ground. There was no locking feature on the holster to secure the phone. It was a basic clip. There may be a locking feature with the Tour holster, I couldn't tell. If it weren't for the heck of getting it off, I may have bought it today.

With my BB Tour, I carry the OEM Tour holster in my shirt pocket, which protects the phone pretty well. The drawbacks of using the OEM Tour holster as a case is that it collects a lot of lint and dust because it's sides are mostly open and it's bulkly in a shirt pocket. I don't want to take off the belt clip because I may need it for a future use of the case. I am currently debating whether I want to get a Seido Snap or Innocase II case. The Snap makes a lot of sense if I keep using the OEM holster. The Innocase II makes more sense if I get away from using the OEM holster. Both cases feature the Seido cutout for the battery charger pod that Seido sells, so you can leave the case on and still use the charger pod. Snap is on sale for Thanksgiving at 10% off at Seido's online store and the Innocase II is not on sale.

That Verizon case looked really cool but it's not an ideal option if you plan to use a charging pod. There is a binder clip stand you can make that I made for my Ipod Touch one time and I use it for Blackberry now, so it does stand up on a stand when I charge it, but I hear that the long term frequent use of the cable into the phone can break the connectors. When you use a pod, you're connecting your cable to the pod and your phone just sits in the pod to get charged.
    11-27-09 11:27 PM
    Crackberry store sells them too.
    12-17-09 04:11 PM
    The case is not that bad to take off and it gets easier over time. I use a chrging pod and take the case off every night.
    12-17-09 04:24 PM

So what's the trick? How DO you get the shell off?

Please HELP!
    01-23-10 03:18 PM
    So what's the trick? How DO you get the shell off?

Please HELP!
    I have the same case and I hated taking it off every night also. The trick I use is to pry it with my nail on the top right corner and then pop it out. If you try to get it from the middle or the left, the voice command button activates which is annoying as ****.

I need a new case now though because I just purchased the Seido extended battery, which I must say is worth the purchase!
    01-23-10 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD