Ok here's the dealio:

Every couple days or so my phone will start to blink GREEN, every 5 seconds or so. Well that was my initial problem... Now it switched to red. Now I have an app that blinks different colours and I know it's not that because it has an option to stop the blinking. I tried it, nothing.

I have to shut off my phone and turn it back on for this to be fixed. It doesn't happen all the time but it's enough to make me wonder, what the **** is going on!?

Nothing changed, I was connected to Rogers the whole time, I was connected to the same wifi (my own).

I thought before it was when I turned on blackberry bridge for my playbook, BUT it's about 20km away right now with my girlfriend so I know that can't be it! It connects via bluetooth! (I asked her just incase haha, she is using it but can't think of anything that would make this blink green!)

Ohhhh my, I'm so confused... It stopped blinking now.........LOL

I'd still like an answer though
    01-07-12 07:15 PM
    Hey ChrisBB2011,

The green blinking LED is for a coverage indicator, not sure if it means good or bad coverage, as I have never used it myself. You can turn this off by going under:

Options > Display > Screen Display

then scroll down under the "Blacklight" section and un-check "LED Coverage Indicator"

Hope this helps
    01-07-12 09:10 PM
    That's not it
    The problem is, that's all I can find online.
    01-11-12 08:22 PM
    Well it has gone from an occasional annoyance to 24/7 no matter what I do problem.

Soft restart, green light starts flashing
    Battery pull, green light starts flashing
    Disconnect EVERYTHING (Bluetooth, Wireless, 3G) green light starts flashing

So I have no idea... I think I'm just going to call RIM and ask for a solution (if this is even a problem)
    01-13-12 05:42 PM
    AHA!

Called into Rogers because they seem to have better customer service than RIM does. So they told me the same thing "Oh it's your indicator light..." etc.

SO! What is happening is I have a software issue because it turns on automatically and it's NEVER supposed to do that.

I asked the nice man for a brand new phone but he laughed and said that software issues are easily fixed too bad for me!

So I guess it's good I called in, now I know what the real problem is.
    *phew* Now I can live my life without that green light flashing all the time... That'll be great!

Thanks for the help
    01-13-12 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD