Hi all,
    what is the difference between the two? Heres why I ask...
    we need to communicate without useing SMS texts as they show up on the bill statement....to solve that we use BBM which is great! The problem is...he may be going to one of the following iphone,droid or nexus one. So is there another way we can chat in kinda real time if I'm on my BB and he goes to another type phone without sms texts or actually just talking? Thanks!

sorry Im not a techie type person so please use small words! lol
    01-10-10 02:37 PM
    yahoo Messenger. its available for Iphone, Driod and prob the Nexus and its a real time chat program. Download yours through your apploader or from Yahoo.
    01-10-10 02:42 PM
    Thanks GG
    01-10-10 04:36 PM
    gtalk is probably already installed on the android phone and you can get that for blackberry as well
    01-10-10 05:17 PM
    iphone automatically makes google talk an app when you save it as a homepage icon on Google talk mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 05:56 PM
    Keep in mind that the iPhone does not multitask. If you use YM or Google Talk, etc. it's either open or it's not. For instance, on my BB, I have YM running in the background and when somebody constacts me on there, it shows up in my messages folder and on the YM app. With iPhone, you will not know anybody is talking to you until you actually open the app and sign in. Once you close the app, you are signed out. *unless you jailbreak
    01-10-10 07:37 PM
    Unless you jailbreak or utilize the push option that most IM clients for the iPhone have now. Almost all of them use push.
    01-10-10 08:11 PM
    I chat between my daughters via BBM and Google Talk all the time. I think the one thing you don't see with GT is delivery and read confirmations, but other than that, it works very well. From my perspective, GoogleTalk actually stays connected better on my BB than other IM services.

I would think if they went with Android, you'd have GT already on their phone. With the iPhone, as long as they are using an app that does push IM, then they should be set as well.
    01-10-10 09:56 PM
    there are tons of chat programs including Gtalk,YM etc and all support different platforms - BB,Android,Symbian. So you shouldn't face any prob.
    01-11-10 01:46 AM
    For people who are on BIS, it does not make difference on which app they use as it more on the personal socializing side. But for us, who are on the BES, it is more of corporate users, collegues etc need to be contacted hence we always use BBM for this purpose. For others on the personal side, we still use GTalk, Yahoo.
    01-11-10 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD