Well my title basically explains my question...
    I am going on vacation...would like to be able to have my bbm on...data on...but only to receive and send messages to 1 contact. i will turn off my email push, so that is not a worry.

I just dont want to be charged for messaging/receiving messages from people that don't really matter...

I am not asking to block/delete people, because when I get back to Canada, I would still like to be able to message others...just not when on vacay...
    is this even possible?
    01-19-10 05:19 PM
    Well you can do a backup of your contacts if you're using the latest BBM, so delete the ones you dont want to talk to on the vacation.. Then restore your list when you get back home.. It will only take a few minutes to do.
    01-19-10 06:44 PM
    is there a setting that doesn't allow any incoming bbm requests? cause i know that some people who i delete will automatically try to readd me..
    01-19-10 06:56 PM
    Just ignore any incoming requests while on vacation. Leave then as pending and accept when you get home.
    01-19-10 07:25 PM
    Well my title basically explains my question...
    I am going on vacation...would like to be able to have my bbm on...data on...but only to receive and send messages to 1 contact. i will turn off my email push, so that is not a worry.

I just dont want to be charged for messaging/receiving messages from people that don't really matter...

I am not asking to block/delete people, because when I get back to Canada, I would still like to be able to message others...just not when on vacay...
    is this even possible?
    There wouldn't be any charges for receiving BBM's while on vacation.
    01-19-10 07:32 PM
    There wouldn't be any charges for receiving BBM's while on vacation.
    Her post suggests she'll be out of the country. Data roaming charges would apply.
    01-19-10 10:09 PM
    I go out of the country quite often and have never had extra charges for BBM
    01-19-10 10:14 PM
    You're on sprint, OP's on Rogers, might be best to check with carrier about data charges and plan inclusions...
    01-19-10 10:49 PM
    Yes I will be out of the country. And as far as I know, rogers charges an arm and a leg for data being pushed through. Any other ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 05:50 PM
    I was in the U.S. for a buddy's bachelor party and just used Wifi the whole time. Its a bit of a PITA if you arent near wifi, otherwise it works great (no data usage that way!). No delay in BBM either.
    01-20-10 07:28 PM
    If you have a wifi connection in your hotel, the bbm should be free. Just make sure to turn off your radio if your roaming.
    01-20-10 09:15 PM
    or spring for the international roaming for those particular days, just to be on the safe side...
    01-20-10 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD