03-30-11 05:13 PM
27 12
tools
    I have a Gmail on my account and I am receiving emails just fine, what is the GMAIL Plugin used for? how would it make my experience any better?

Thanks
    03-29-11 02:40 PM
    Gmail advanced plugin really is one of my favorite add ons to my BB.

Basically it acts like Push mailbox for your BB. It is almost real time - when either sending or receiving mails - I get notified 10 seconds earlier on my BB than I do on Google Talk! Plus it gets treated like a mailbox and not just a website / app - so searching, applying LED colors in Bebuzz, alarms etc etc makes it a whole lot easier; giving rise to a complete integrated solution...

Get it, you wont regret it... Hope that helped...
    03-29-11 04:04 PM
    I hate the Gmail plug in. But it works for alot of people. Try it and see if it works for you. If not you can remove it.
    03-29-11 05:59 PM
    I'm with John here. I found the best thing I ever did with the GMail Plugin was to got to Options, Device, Applications Management and delete the useless thing.

Like John says, you can always re-install it.
    03-29-11 09:23 PM
    I couldn't even find a way to install it, when I went to the RIM site to install it, entered my email, it was sent to my email, but when I click on the download link, it just takes to to Launch Email Setup again, which I did, and it just adds my GMAIL normally, not actually download the GMAIL Plugin.

So what I did was, I went to e the Google Downloads and downloaed the GMAIL application, which was very nice its like a web interface of gmail, but the thing is, I have to manually hit refresh to view the emails

I think I may just have to also uninstall that and just revert to using the regular built in email app
    03-29-11 11:47 PM
    Fight nice. And try for once to keep things on topic please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-11 11:49 PM
    I couldn't even find a way to install it, when I went to the RIM site to install it, entered my email, it was sent to my email, but when I click on the download link, it just takes to to Launch Email Setup again, which I did, and it just adds my GMAIL normally, not actually download the GMAIL Plugin.

So what I did was, I went to e the Google Downloads and downloaed the GMAIL application, which was very nice its like a web interface of gmail, but the thing is, I have to manually hit refresh to view the emails

I think I may just have to also uninstall that and just revert to using the regular built in email app
    In OS5 and OS6 the gmail plugin is silently installed when you load the OS. The .alx that controls it is net_rim_bb_gmail.alx in the main OS folder. The cods can be manually deleted, they are net_rim_bb_gmail.cod, net_rim_bb_gmai_resource_[your language].cod, and net_rim_bb_gmail_help_[your language].cod,

03-29-11 11:58 PM
    In OS5 and OS6 the gmail plugin is silently installed when you load the OS. The .alx that controls it is net_rim_bb_gmail.alx in the main OS folder. The cods can be manually deleted, they are net_rim_bb_gmail.cod, net_rim_bb_gmai_resource_[your language].cod, and net_rim_bb_gmail_help_[your language].cod,

Right, that's good to know, but if it gets installed automatically, then why am I not able to star an email straight from my BB inbox...

I like the Gmail app that I downloaded but it does not have push notifications, so I have to manually hit refresh to see the emails which isn't really convenient
    03-30-11 12:05 AM
    You have to be in the mailbox for that specific gmail account, not the main mailbox. Then you press the menu button, and there should be options to star, archive, report spam, etc.

03-30-11 12:15 AM
    You have to be in the mailbox for that specific gmail account, not the main mailbox. Then you press the menu button, and there should be options to star, archive, report spam, etc.

I am man, I never use the main messages app anyway, I have it hidden, I just use the individual mailboxes icons...

In the past, when I had an 8520 / OS 5, I used to install the Gmail plugin manually...

This thing is driving me nuts now...
    03-30-11 02:02 AM
    Pete, Yester, why exactly don't you guys like it?

I find the gmail plugin to be trully helpful, it allows me to have access to email I never received on my device without having to store messages and waste memory.

I have pretty much all gmail features (stars, labels, filters) there and then. ONly thing I hate is the fact it does not integrate with the Messages app.

I truly wish there was an Yahoo! plugin... ><

Allaf, the plugin comes in all OS releases for the 9780, if you can't figure out how to installing it during a OS install/update, just use BBSAK and force the cods SCrid2000 mentioned into the device (I never bother with help files thou).
    03-30-11 08:34 AM

I find the gmail plugin to be trully helpful, it allows me to have access to email I never received on my device without having to store messages and waste memory.

I have pretty much all gmail features (stars, labels, filters) there and then. ONly thing I hate is the fact it does not integrate with the Messages app.

I truly wish there was an Yahoo! plugin... ><

Allaf, the plugin comes in all OS releases for the 9780, if you can't figure out how to installing it during a OS install/update, just use BBSAK and force the cods SCrid2000 mentioned into the device (I never bother with help files thou).
    Waaait a second...maybe me shrinking my OS has anything to do with me not being able to see the GMaail featureS??

Thanks for this I was puzzled as to what is the reason I don't see it...but it seems like this is the case..I guess I have to wait till the next leak as I cant be bothered reinstalling my OS now...
    03-30-11 09:00 AM

+1 and as far as the GMail app goes, that thing sucks. Is it still on v2.07 from October 2008?

edit: answered my own question...lol...yes still stuck at 2.07 and they haven't fixed the download page that says v2.06.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 03-30-11 at 09:07 AM.
    03-30-11 09:03 AM
    +1 and as far as the GMail app goes, that thing sucks. Is it still on v2.07 from October 2008?
    As a matter of fact, if was updated today. Not that I care, the lack of a change log indicates nothing useful was done.

ML, have you bumped your head or something? Just use BBSAK's "Install COD"...

At 4000+ posts, and so many guides that mention the tool, we'd expect you to know that.
    03-30-11 09:08 AM
    As a matter of fact, if was updated today. Not that I care, the lack of a change log indicates nothing useful was done.

At 4000+ posts, and so many guides that mention the tool, we'd expect you to know that.
    I just checked, it's the same old version.
    03-30-11 09:09 AM
    I just checked, it's the same old version.
    Don't shoot the messenger.... Google Mobile App Gets Tiny Upgrade to v3.9.7 &ndash; No Changelog - BerryReview

EDIT: My bad. I actually forgot Google had 3 BlackBerry apps. That's totally offtopic...
    03-30-11 09:12 AM
    That's not the GMail app, that's google mobile search. Gmail is attached. Wasn't shooting the messenger btw
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 03-30-11 at 09:16 AM.
    03-30-11 09:13 AM
    OK I see the mod changed his post and deleted mine for whatever reason. I know it had nothing to do with the post but they are all over this place.

I guess Matrix Leader has some kind of pull around here.
    03-30-11 09:28 AM

sorry distracted by the many complaints I am receiving from Customers ....

can u extract the COD for meh and post a link please?

Ill thank u for that...
    03-30-11 09:29 AM
    OK I see the mod changed his post and deleted mine for whatever reason. I know it had nothing to do with the post but they are all over this place.

I guess Matrix Leader has some kind of pull around here.
    You'd think they would have moved this thread to a more appropriate forum too, like native apps. GMail plug-in isn't 9780 specific.
    03-30-11 09:30 AM
    You'd think they would have moved this thread to a more appropriate forum too, like native apps. GMail plug-in isn't 9780 specific.

You're right, I didn't know where to post it at first but it makes more sense to go in the native apps sub forum.

I'll ask a mod to move it soon
    03-30-11 09:33 AM
    Ask and yee shall receive!
    03-30-11 10:08 AM
    Can't really, my laptop died. I'm on full-9780 mode untill I can either get a new one or buy myself a Playbook. None of the options seem to be happening anytime soon thou.

I would otherwise. Just look at the removed folder created after shrinking and they will be there thou.
    03-30-11 10:10 AM
    Ask and yee shall receive!
    Thanks, Rich.
    03-30-11 10:15 AM
    Thanks pkCable!

You're the best Mod on CB
    03-30-11 02:32 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD