That's the conclusion I've come to after two months of trying to get my gmail to work with the native email on my Torch 9800running AT&T's latest official release. I've tried every 2 step verification POP and IMAP intergration option I can, and I always get the "Unable to continue your session, please login again" message. Forntunately, I found a working dl for the Gmail app, so at least I sorta get PUSH notifications. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks!
    04-22-12 08:28 PM
    When you initiated 2step verification, did you by chance issue yourself the password you need for it and enter it in the pw box for Gmail along with the spaces which are counted by Gmail as the pw . If not there is your problem. By the way I have no problem with Gmail on my 9930.
    04-22-12 09:40 PM
    It's working on my Bold 9650, maybe, just maybe your doing something wrong. I really haven't checked mine since Friday, you might be right, but I hope not
    04-22-12 09:54 PM
    Gmail works on my 9900 with no issues on the login part.
    04-22-12 10:32 PM
    When you initiated 2step verification, did you by chance issue yourself the password you need for it and enter it in the pw box for Gmail along with the spaces which are counted by Gmail as the pw . If not there is your problem. By the way I have no problem with Gmail on my 9930.
    Yeah, I've tried with spaces, without spaces, and all I ever get is that same message.

Update: Just tried the whole 2-step verification process again. Still getting the "Sorry, unable to continue your session, please login in again" message.
    Last edited by islandfever2009; 04-23-12 at 04:19 PM.
    04-23-12 03:59 PM
    So, I finally broke down and called AT&T support. After about 45 minutes of trying to fix it, they handed me over to Blackberry support. After about another 30 minutes or so, they finally got it working. Finally had to jus delete the email account altogether on their server, and start from scratch. Anyway, it's fixed now, and I'm happy. Thanks to anyone who made a suggestion!
    04-28-12 08:34 PM
    That was an explosive title for your topic.
    04-28-12 09:44 PM
    I have 2 hotmail and 4 gmail accounts on my 9900. No worries at all.

Glad you had your fixed, enjoy. Cheers
    04-28-12 09:53 PM
    Any chance they told you how to sync from Blackberry to overwrite Gmail contacts and calendar?

So, I finally broke down and called AT&T support. After about 45 minutes of trying to fix it, they handed me over to Blackberry support. After about another 30 minutes or so, they finally got it working. Finally had to jus delete the email account altogether on their server, and start from scratch. Anyway, it's fixed now, and I'm happy. Thanks to anyone who made a suggestion!
    04-28-12 10:37 PM
    If they did, it went in one ear and out the other, sorry. The BB tech guy did ask me if I wanted to sync my contacts and calendar, which I didn't.
    05-14-12 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD