Which one should I use?

Gmail app seems to only check for mail every 15 minutes, but it has gmail features.
    11-28-09 10:59 AM
    Which one should I use?

Gmail app seems to only check for mail every 15 minutes, but it has gmail features.

you can download the gmail plugin and that has gmail features with the bis email.
    11-28-09 11:06 AM
    The gmail plugin is already included in 5.0 os. Just login to you BIS and set it up and push your service books

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 11:24 AM
    Which one should I use?

My company uses a gmail app for their email( don't ask...not sure why)I get emails instantly not polled. I was having an issue and had to get escalated to RIM support. They did something on the backend with customized service books and now I get instant email pushed.
    11-28-09 11:33 AM
    My company uses a gmail app for their email( don't ask...not sure why)I get emails instantly not polled. I was having an issue and had to get escalated to RIM support. They did something on the backend with customized service books and now I get instant email pushed.
    My question/problem with gmail on the BlackBerry as opposed to the gmail App is that there is no reconciliation! I can't take that. Having to mark mail as "read" or delete from 2 different places is MISERABLE. Is there a way around this?
    11-28-09 11:57 AM
    we dont use a bes, I use BIS it does have one way sync. if i delete on my bb its off my computer but not the other way
    11-28-09 12:50 PM
    And you don't find that one-way sync frustrating?
    11-28-09 12:54 PM
    Anyone know of a way around the one-way sync issue? We were looking at moving from Exchange to Google Apps. Right now we have BES through our Exchange provider, but no BES of our own.

I'd love to have real 2-way sync w/ Gmail / Google Apps.
    11-28-09 01:43 PM
    There's no way around it until BIS 3.0 launches in March, then 2 way sync will be the default.
    11-28-09 02:53 PM
    And you don't find that one-way sync frustrating?
    Frustrating...Yes I do, But I hardly check my email from the computer since I have my Blackberry, Only if it has a large attachment and is truncated or to send a large attachment. When the ne BIS comes out sometime in march is what our IT department is being told by RIM the two way will happen

and I hope it works, I tried the contact sync and it destroyed my address book on both my phone and account-Double and triple contacts
    Last edited by NEPABBuser; 11-28-09 at 03:58 PM.
    11-28-09 03:55 PM
    I use both. I primarily use the BIS plugin, but I keep the Gmail App around for searching emails, etc.

My BIS plugin will actually reflect some changes back to the web interface, such as archiving, marking-read, and deleting. If, however, I do any of those things on the web interface, it doesn't update on my BB.
    11-28-09 04:09 PM
    I use both. I primarily use the BIS plugin, but I keep the Gmail App around for searching emails, etc.

My BIS plugin will actually reflect some changes back to the web interface, such as archiving, marking-read, and deleting. If, however, I do any of those things on the web interface, it doesn't update on my BB.
    the new gmail app built in to 5.0 does remote search, flagging, and labels, so i no longer keep messages on the phone, because i can remotely search, natively...
    11-28-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD