I tweeted alec saunders and suggested a global bbm message be sent to all bb users informing them of the new upcoming phones, to try and retain clients. Maybe with a link, on some specs and info.. Any ideas, he thought ig was interesting..
    OniBerry and Alex_Hong like this.
    05-14-12 11:14 PM
    They would have to make it pretty convincing as most people think bc messages are spam. Especially when they come from Balsamic.

Great idea though. Retain, with ads at a captive audience. I like it.
    05-14-12 11:17 PM
    No offense, but I think that's a terrible idea. They can send an email if they wish though to the people with a BB ID that has the check box checked that allows for product news to be sent to them. I just don't think they should send it through BBM, people don't want "spam" being sent to their BBM.
    05-15-12 01:16 AM
    The idea is sound, just the means. but as mentioned above, I don't think people would like spam on their BBM, anyway i think RIM has to get the news across not just to existing BB users, but everyone else as well. Something like email, facebook, twitter, or traditional advertisement would do just fine. There are people who are BB users who have jumped ship and they wouldn't have BBM. But there are more people who has "liked" Blackberry on facebook who aren't even current BB users.

Though the best way is still by producing a brilliant product. Something desirable and will pique people's interest. You can be sure that when it is launch, news sites, tech sites, tech magazines, will all be covering it. If the product is good, there will be good reviews. If people like it, they will share it via social networks or word of mouth. Which will then be a more encompassing way of creating awareness and excitement for BB10.

my 0.2 cents.
    05-15-12 03:05 AM
    I would not mind that spam message. Keep it short and sweet, and maybe offer a trade in incentive, for older devices...
    05-15-12 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD