06-21-11 10:06 AM
143 ... 456
tools
    You do know that per capita there are many other countries with more smartphones... and that in most of them BB is also a dying bred... it's not just an "American" trend.
    Considering that it's all over the UK, Ireland, and has become the *it* accessory in Indonesia I'm thinking the statement may be highly exaggerated.
    06-20-11 10:19 AM
    Don't confuse the Apple owners with facts.
    You have to use terms they understand, like "magical", or just tell them BBM "changes everything". You don't need facts when talking to members of a cult.
    Why do you always feel like you have to put down and entire group of people, when you can specifically target one person? Especially when she is the only person in the argument that uses an Apple device.

You just love bashing people don't ya?
    06-20-11 10:28 AM
    You do know that per capita there are many other countries with more smartphones... and that in most of them BB is also a dying bred... it's not just an "American" trend.
    68 millions active users is hardly a dying breed is it? And that went up from 50 millions at the end of 2010. How exactly is this dying?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 10:35 AM
    Why do you always feel like you have to put down and entire group of people, when you can specifically target one person? Especially when she is the only person in the argument that uses an Apple device.

You just love bashing people don't ya?
    Better idea, lets not insult ANYONE!!!!! What do I ALWAYS say here!!!!! You can argue the products, the carriers, the companies (RIM, Apple, Google, etc), BUT lay off of each OTHER!!!! I have a mod stick and I'm not afraid to use it!
    K Bear and avt123 like this.
    06-20-11 10:49 AM
    Then they should leave CRACKBERRY!!!! There are plenty of forums out there where they can share their "magical" experiences at. If I need to research an Apple or Google device I don't go to Crackberry, I go to whatever site caters to them. I also don't go to those sites just to start shiz by trashing there devices.
    If they wanted to leave, they would have. Many of us were former BB users. We'll be there for those who need us, BB or not

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    K Bear, avt123 and reeneebob like this.
    06-20-11 10:53 AM
    Better idea, lets not insult ANYONE!!!!! What do I ALWAYS say here!!!!! You can argue the products, the carriers, the companies (RIM, Apple, Google, etc), BUT lay off of each OTHER!!!! I have a mod stick and I'm not afraid to use it!
    Well that is what I mean. The bashing is just ridiculous. But at least call out the person (calling out doesn't mean insult) instead of targeting an entire group that has NOTHING to do with this, and doesn't share the stereotypical beliefs that so many people think Apple users have.

These snark comments about Apple users are getting ridiculous. Especially since these stereotypes are specifically about the fanboys, not the entire user base.

It gets old when people assume we are all a part of a cult, or we can't think for ourselves or that Steve Jobs is our God. These are the fanboys. If you can't tell the difference between people who just use the products, and people who worship, maybe you should not comment at all (this is a general statement, not targeting anyone).
    K Bear likes this.
    06-20-11 11:21 AM
    If they wanted to leave, they would have. Many of us were former BB users. We'll be there for those who need us, BB or not

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    And then there is the fact that many of us are looking forward to buying future RIM devices that we actually find competitive (when the QNX smartphones come out).

This site is part of a smartphone community and many of us have been here for years.

People, this isn't a Crips and Blood turf war. The hatred sure as **** does seem like it though.
    K Bear likes this.
    06-20-11 11:24 AM
    Well that is what I mean. The bashing is just ridiculous. But at least call out the person (calling out doesn't mean insult) instead of targeting an entire group that has NOTHING to do with this, and doesn't share the stereotypical beliefs that so many people think Apple users have.

These snark comments about Apple users are getting ridiculous. Especially since these stereotypes are specifically about the fanboys, not the entire user base.

It gets old when people assume we are all a part of a cult, or we can't think for ourselves or that Steve Jobs is our God. These are the fanboys. If you can't tell the difference between people who just use the products, and people who worship, maybe you should not comment at all (this is a general statement, not targeting anyone).
    Actually my friend, I found myself at the receiving end of insults from you many times.

06-20-11 11:26 AM
    Actually my friend, I found myself at the receiving end of insults from you many times.

Because I said talking to you is like talking to a brick wall (within this same thread you were called the same exact thing by a different person, coincidence? I think not. Let's not mention the many others who have used the exact same wording.) and said within the post that I am sorry if it is disrespectful?

Sorry buddy, I have been in many debates with you and the same exact things happen every single time. Ask the whole Android and iOS section, they know exactly what I am talking about. You do the same exact thing every time and it is really old. That is why in almost every single thread you participate in there, you have multiple people calling YOU out on the same exact things I am saying here.

It is hard to debate with someone who completely dismisses facts because he doesn't find them "useful" or they are "too much and not need".

The difference is, I am not going around assuming things about people. I have first hand experience with you. No one has first hand experience with an ENTIRE user base.
    Last edited by avt123; 06-20-11 at 11:57 AM.
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-20-11 11:53 AM
    I love how an Apple user comes into the thread and talks smack, which happens all the time and you can substitute in Android user in other threads, is properly schooled with facts, then the other non-Blackberry users come in and say they are being abused by Blackberry users on a Blackberry site. If there weren't so many people from other platforms coming in here and starting stuff, then would there be an issue? There are some good contributors on this forum from former Blackberry users who went to other platforms, but their are far more bashers from other platforms in here who only seek to cause problems. Perhaps you should direct your attention to those individuals and not Blackberry users who have to read BS here every day from this group of vocal clowns!
    Jake Storm likes this.
    06-20-11 12:03 PM
    I love how an Apple user comes into the thread and talks smack, which happens all the time and you can substitute in Android user in other threads, is properly schooled with facts, then the other non-Blackberry users come in and say they are being abused by Blackberry users on a Blackberry site. If there weren't so many people from other platforms coming in here and starting stuff, then would there be an issue? There are some good contributors on this forum from former Blackberry users who went to other platforms, but their are far more bashers from other platforms in here who only seek to cause problems. Perhaps you should direct your attention to those individuals and not Blackberry users who have to read BS here every day from this group of vocal clowns!
    But the thing is you cannot group in all these people as bashers. That is just foolish. That would be like me assuming every Italian in the world is part of the Mafia (I am 100% Italian by the way). You deal with the specific person doing the bashing. You do not lump them together with the people that have nothing to do with this.

I have been on this site for over 3 years. I was here before all these trolls came and started the nonsense. I do not like being grouped together with these people because I happen to own the same device. This site use to consist of BB users bashing BB users. At least back then people dealt with the specific person doing the bashing, the same cannot be said about this forum today.
    K Bear and reeneebob like this.
    06-20-11 12:12 PM
    But the thing is you cannot group in all these people as bashers. That is just foolish. That would be like me assuming every Italian in the world is part of the Mafia (I am 100% Italian by the way). You deal with the specific person doing the bashing. You do not lump them together with the people that have nothing to do with this.

I have been on this site for over 3 years. I was here before all these trolls came and started the nonsense. I do not like being grouped together with these people because I happen to own the same device. This site use to consist of BB users bashing BB users. At least back then people dealt with the specific person doing the bashing, the same cannot be said about this forum today.
    Sorry but history has shown that small groups of people causing trouble usually ruin for the rest of the people around them.

06-20-11 12:30 PM
    Sorry but history has shown that small groups of people causing trouble usually ruin for the rest of the people around them.

You are missing my point. The trouble was here before the platform wars started. It was just handled better.

History also shows that stereotypes support racism.
    K Bear likes this.
    06-20-11 12:33 PM
    Everyone is welcome here! We even have sub forums for the other devices, and MANY folks here have multiple devices. Perhaps their phone is an Android, but their tablet is a PlayBook, or the reverse, OR maybe iOS is in the mix. I own an ipod touch (iOS), and a Galaxy Tab (it's arriving today!!!), in addition to my BB and PlayBook. And many have moved on FROM BB devices, but guess what???? Even if they have not they are STILL welcome here!

What's important, is that you don't violate the CB Posting Rules & Guidelines, and one of the more important ones is to JUST GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER!!!!!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/bas...r-conduct-114/

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    K Bear, avt123, lnichols and 2 others like this.
    06-20-11 12:53 PM
    All I did was ask for proof because the number was presented as hard fact. Guess what, turned out the number was not one provided by RIM. For that, I got told to leave a forum I've been a member of for years. As for belfastdispatcher, I don't dislike you, I just find that you tromp in and engage in debates that include you disregarding anything you don't like to hear but heaven forbid the same happens to you. It's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Like PK said, anyone - even those of us who have left BB as a phone, is welcome here. I guess I just missed the memo where anything negative about RIM is forbidden and anyone who asks about it (or in this case, asked for proof of a factual claim) is no longer permitted to post or defend themselves. It's a message board. People will discuss, and unfortunately right now that means people are discussing RIM's underperformance.

Yes - I'm an evil Apple user - one who used a Pearl, Curve and Storm for 2 years before leaving the BB platform. I am a tech geek and like to keep up on all the platforms. I just post here most often as it's the board that got me hooked on smartphones.

There are RIM fanboys who come into the Android and Apple threads as well, so don't think they don't exist. Like someone else in this thread said, BD often shows up in the Apple forum, demands answers on things the platform does, and then disregards the answers provided. Hence the brick wall comparison...

****, I've been on this forum and posting and helping other users for longer than some of the people declaring I should shut up and leave.
    K Bear, tack and vrs626 like this.
    06-20-11 06:21 PM
    Yes I do visit apple forums but only within crackberry.com and yes I do demand answers on things iphones can do as most of the time iphone owners completely disregard blackberry capabilities. So I sounds like this "can your iphones browser do this and this and this?" Answers are usually "no,no,no". Well how the **** can they say it's superior? One even told me using copy and paste to send links to a sms contact was the same thing as sending a link directly from the bb browser.
    And it does get to me when people say blackberry doesn't do html emails, can't open pdf files, can't download large files trough the browser etc etc

Why do I constantly have to prove that actually, my blackberry can do a lot of things others can't?

06-21-11 01:26 AM
    Blackberry isn't screwed, if they were, why is my blackberry working fine and why is BIS up still? Surely they must be mistaken, unless Bgr is writing that article on gizmodo... Lol @ them. Bashing a company is stupid, as anyone can bash them too! Works both ways! Agree? Amiiright?

06-21-11 05:13 AM
    Excellent, just park your horse & buggy over here.

It isn't broke. I'm a person, and I want it. I don't want BlackBerry to be anything like iPhone or Android.
    06-21-11 10:06 AM
143 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD