06-21-11 11:06 AM
143 ... 3456
tools
    Sure, because it came from RIM and not you pulling it from thin air. I got my numbers from RIM as well.

Next time, though, don't present YOUR estimate at their total users as fact.

Someone may call you on it.
    06-19-11 05:11 PM
    Honestly, I would like RIM to release the number of abandoned BIS/BES accounts. So we can see how many new subscribers there are to compare to the abandoned. They may have added 4.5 million new users that particular quarter (best to not expect them to add that every quarter, wouldn't want to be inaccurate), but I'd be interested to know the actual new growth when you account users that left the platform in that quarter as well. That was the quarter I left for my Pre, for instance.
    06-19-11 05:18 PM
    Honestly, I would like RIM to release the number of abandoned BIS/BES accounts. So we can see how many new subscribers there are to compare to the abandoned. They may have added 4.5 million new users that particular quarter (best to not expect them to add that every quarter, wouldn't want to be inaccurate), but I'd be interested to know the actual new growth when you account users that left the platform in that quarter as well. That was the quarter I left for my Pre, for instance.
    No offence, but what exactly don't you understand about the figures being ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS?

What the helll do you mean abandoned BIS or BES accounts? Do you really think somebody is paying for them and forgot about it? BIS and BES are paied for services, if one moved to iphone or android he is no longer a RIM subscribers.

You are just being ridiculous now.

Here's more reports from 2010, over 50 millions, i think we can now put it to rest.

http://crackberry.com/research-motio...ults-announced
    06-19-11 05:24 PM
    Oh wait, I forgot. Arguing with a brick wall. We've already gone from "definitely over 60 million" to "I know it's over 60 million" to "It's around 55 million" to "well I think I read it on Crackberry and now I'm extrapolating the number to 60 million and I don't actually know it's true or accurate but we all can agree on this made up number I may or may not have read even if it's contradicted by RIM themselves in their fiscal documents because I'm always right."

*head desk*

I never said that the 300 000 daily activations is incorrect. I said that I don't think they are brand new to Android customers, but they lalso represent upgrading by the same user. You said there were over 60 million individual BB users. For all I know, that includes MY BIS email address and my husbands, even though we haven't accessed them in over a year. Still BIS user accounts though, right? Even when they have long been abandoned? Are they counting the registered accounts or the actual ACTIVE registered accounts? It's all a little vague.
    43 Million Active BBM users as of BBW 2011.

BlackBerry Messenger now has 43 million active users | MY ONLINE

We all know that not all BB users use BBM so subscriber count is higher. They are adding 2 million active users per month.
    06-19-11 05:31 PM
    So... India, Pakistan and a cabal of homegrown data stealers intent on driving "sheeple" to iOS and Android are responsible for RIM's troubles?
    06-19-11 06:46 PM
    Um, the only thing I saw that said the word active was BBM users. They never said active BIS/BES subscribers. They said only "subscriptions" which could also include BIS usernames created but no longer used, but still appear in the user base. I have yet to see the word active used anywhere but in relation to BBM. Not the subscriber numbers.

For instance, MY BIS account is still in their system. I can still access it if I want to. It still would appear on their subscriber list, even though I haven't run a BB device since early 2010. I know it's still active because I had to login to it for those 4 days I was back on my Curve last November, RIM tech even said they couldn't remove the profile from the system when I requested it - it stays so I can reaccess it if I get another device.

Does that mean I am still a BB user? No. But my BIS account sure as **** shows as one of their subscribers.

I don't know why I am bothering though, because belfastdispatcher will still argue he is right, even though he still won't acknowledge that he completely pull that 60 millions suscriber number (you know, the one he knew for a fact existed) out of his ***.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 06-19-11 at 08:24 PM.
    06-19-11 08:21 PM
    Um, the only thing I saw that said the word active was BBM users. They never said active BIS/BES subscribers. They said only "subscriptions" which could also include BIS usernames created but no longer used, but still appear in the user base. I have yet to see the word active used anywhere but in relation to BBM. Not the subscriber numbers.

For instance, MY BIS account is still in their system. I can still access it if I want to. It still would appear on their subscriber list, even though I haven't run a BB device since early 2010. I know it's still active because I had to login to it for those 4 days I was back on my Curve last November, RIM tech even said they couldn't remove the profile from the system when I requested it - it stays so I can reaccess it if I get another device.

Does that mean I am still a BB user? No. But my BIS account sure as **** shows as one of their subscribers.

I don't know why I am bothering though, because belfastdispatcher will still argue he is right, even though he still won't acknowledge that he completely pull that 60 millions suscriber number (you know, the one he knew for a fact existed) out of his ***.

Slide from Blackberry World. Clearly says "active" BBM users. Also says 110% growth in active users over past 12 months. You can't BBM without a BIS or BES account.
    06-19-11 09:17 PM

Slide from Blackberry World. Clearly says "active" BBM users. Also says 110% growth in active users over past 12 months. You can't BBM without a BIS or BES account.
    Don't confuse the Apple owners with facts.
    You have to use terms they understand, like "magical", or just tell them BBM "changes everything". You don't need facts when talking to members of a cult.
    06-19-11 09:28 PM
    You have to use terms they understand, like "magical", or just tell them BBM "changes everything". You don't need facts when talking to members of a cult.
    Such bitterness! Don't worry so much about your portfolio. RIM will be back.
    06-19-11 09:45 PM
    Such bitterness! Don't worry so much about your portfolio. RIM will be back.
    Not worried about my portfolio. I haven't bought RIMM yet. It's starting to look pretty good though.
    06-19-11 10:53 PM

You might wanna check again, BIS access site is not from Rim, it's from your carrier therefore Rim can't delete your account with your carrier.

When you sign up for a BIS data plan Rim takes a cut of what you pay your carrier. If you don't have a BIS data plan, your carrier doesn't pay Rim their cut and you no longer are a subscriber.
    I really don't know why you're keep arguing this. By definition a subscriber is a paying customer if the service you subscribe to requires payment. So every carrier pays Rim for their number of active subscriptions. What's so hard to understand?

Edit- when you move to a new carrier that's when your BIS account with your old carrier will be deleted.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 06-20-11 at 03:26 AM.
    06-20-11 02:07 AM
    Will this finally convince you? Read carefully, total 68 millions! Now i remember where I read it.

RIM is bloody but not dead yet, RBC says

Will accept apologies
    06-20-11 09:27 AM
    Will this finally convince you? Read carefully, total 68 millions! Now i remember where I read it.

RIM is bloody but not dead yet, RBC says

Will accept apologies
    Good find, but the first quote still explains why facts are irrelevant in this discussion.
    06-20-11 10:06 AM
    Love the "100 billion" BBMs sent per month. 9 billion of that is me!
    06-20-11 10:12 AM
    are your finger sore? LOL
    06-20-11 10:25 AM
    are your finger sore? LOL
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! having carpal tunnel surgery!!!
    06-20-11 10:29 AM
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! having carpal tunnel surgery!!!
    Wow, I hope it all goes well and you're bbming as usual again!
    06-20-11 10:30 AM
    Wow, I hope it all goes well and you're bbming as usual again!
    LOL!!!! I was sassing back at ya.....I'm not having surgery. But thank you for the good thoughts! You were very sweet!

As an aside, the Torch did make my hands hurt for a while until I got used to it.
    06-20-11 10:34 AM
    Hey, feel free to ad me

06-20-11 10:36 AM
    Good find, but the first quote still explains why facts are irrelevant in this discussion.
    It's amazing how some people can develop such a blackberry hate, reenneebob seems to have developed quite a personal dislike to me, I'm constantly having to prove averything I say.

06-20-11 10:38 AM
    LOL!!!! I was sassing back at ya.....I'm not having surgery. But thank you for the good thoughts! You were very sweet!

As an aside, the Torch did make my hands hurt for a while until I got used to it.
    LOL, I'm gullible but it's all cool.
    06-20-11 10:41 AM
    LOL, I'm gullible but it's all cool.
    I hope I didn't make you feel bad. I'm such a sass. You and I aren't friends on the forum so you wouldn't have known that. The guys here on the forum that I interact with already know I'm a huge flirt and I sass them all the time. My bad. Apologies.
    06-20-11 10:52 AM
    I hope I didn't make you feel bad. I'm such a sass. You and I aren't friends on the forum so you wouldn't have known that. The guys here on the forum that I interact with already know I'm a huge flirt and I sass them all the time. My bad. Apologies.
    Nope, not at all. It's only a forum and it's all in fun. You can sass me anytime. Oh no now I'm really embarrassed. ......... not.
    06-20-11 10:59 AM
    It's amazing how some people can develop such a blackberry hate, reenneebob seems to have developed quite a personal dislike to me, I'm constantly having to prove averything I say.

Then they should leave CRACKBERRY!!!! There are plenty of forums out there where they can share their "magical" experiences at. If I need to research an Apple or Google device I don't go to Crackberry, I go to whatever site caters to them. I also don't go to those sites just to start shiz by trashing there devices.
    06-20-11 11:01 AM
    RIM has their work cut out for them, bc I think the American consumer is obsessed with countless useless apps whether its to watch movies on 3 inch screens, make fart noises, play Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes, or play games far inferior to anything on the Nintendo DS or Sony PSP.

As an American sometimes I am embarrassed by the stupidity of my fellow countrymen. I do like my BB Torch as a pretty solid media device, strong battery, solid QWERTY keyboard, touch screen, trackpad, and all of its practical uses in messaging and emails.
    You do know that per capita there are many other countries with more smartphones... and that in most of them BB is also a dying bred... it's not just an "American" trend.
    06-20-11 11:17 AM
143 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD