07-15-12 04:05 PM
55 123
tools
    Glad to see people are still using BBM my contact list is dropping fast
    BB10 will bring your friends back to BB, or at least you have Whatsapp, normal texting and, don't anyone forget, phone calling on the new devices. BBM will be that icing on the cake.
    07-14-12 11:57 PM
    Those with BB's even if it is just a few you should encourage to use it with you, keep using Whatsapp, the vulnerabilities are miniscule, but learn about BBM, and show your fellow BlackBerry users what makes people keep using BBM, even when they hate everything else about their phone,
    I don't see how anyone would care about people still using BBM, they look pretty happy with their IPhones, if you ask me.

RIM needs to make rocking a BB far more than simply sending Blackberry messages. It's got to have that wide developer support, that width and breadth to carry the platform forward into revolutionary new waters. It's got to do that and nothing less than that would satisfy me as a BB fan.

People could care less about BBM nowadays. And rightly so, RIM has to get the platform right or there won't be a BBM...
    07-15-12 12:02 AM
    I don't see how anyone would care about people still using BBM, they look pretty happy with their IPhones, if you ask me.

RIM needs to make rocking a BB far more than simply sending Blackberry messages. It's got to have that wide developer support, that width and breadth to carry the platform forward into revolutionary new waters. It's got to do that and nothing less than that would satisfy me as a BB fan.

People could care less about BBM nowadays. And rightly so, RIM has to get the platform right or there won't be a BBM...
    I don't disagree with you,

BBM is not a buying factor unless your friend circle is ALSO using BBM.

my reply to that user was to encourage them to TRY and use BBM with users who already HAVE BlackBerry's not to encourage people to buy BlackBerry's purely for BBM, if you've got BBM and have a friend or 2 with BBM it is worth trying it out and using it, because it very much is RIM's ACE, I agree you can't win a hand with only 1 ACE, so they do need to get another, or at least some quality supporting card.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 10:23 AM
    I'm sure that part will work itself out perfectly fine. You got a Blackberry, you naturally would want to find the flock with the same kind of feathers as you, Blackberry people. And then that's how BBM starts to grow on a person. What you mentioned is merely pointing out what has happened ever since the introduction of BBM.

With the availability of other direct Internet messaging tools like Whatsapp within every other major platform, I increasingly see people no longer needing BBM in their lives. You could be in a situation where everyone around you is still rocking a Blackberry, but most likely it's not saying much to use BBM at this point.

Of course, RIM loves the dollars they earn from BIS services around the world, but they need to do more than encourage people to use BBM. I don't see any business sense if they do release a BBM client to their competitors, and the existing Blackberry users aren't having problems heading to BBM for their international discourse.

Real Question now is : How are they going to improve BBM's feature set for BB10? I would be more interested in that than anything else.
    Last edited by Speedygi; 07-15-12 at 11:53 AM.
    07-15-12 11:50 AM
    BBM video chat will be nice.
    07-15-12 04:05 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD