I love my 9700, but I don't want BB Messenger. I would like to find a way to get rid of it. Does anyone have any info on removing it permanently from my phone?

I had to get a "new" handset from TMo, due to a connectivity issue (which still isn't fixed). As soon as I loaded my settings onto it, I started getting BBM notices and requests, and Pandora Radio had someone else's login info, which leads me to believe I got a refurbished phone. That isn't a problem for me, but I keep getting notices from BBM, which is.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 10:05 AM
    I had the same thing going on with BBM, I have no use for it and don't want it taking up memory. So, this is what someone else told me to do and it does work, you go and load the App Store on your device if you don't already have it. Then you load BBM onto your phone from the App Store, and THEN after that you will be able to delete it off your phone. The whole thing will go away, so it's nice. Kind of a pain to have to do all those steps, but it does work.
    03-25-11 10:53 AM
    You have to uninstall it using the Desktop Manager.
    03-25-11 10:57 AM
    Go to settings, then remove it from the applications, then reboot your device
    03-25-11 10:59 AM
    It didn't work for me when I tried to do it. It won't let you delete it the normal way. That's why I ended up doing it the long way as described in my post above.
    03-25-11 11:00 AM

I keep hearing people say that, but the only apps I see in DM are the ones I use, not the ones I'm trying to get rid of.

03-25-11 11:00 AM
    I keep hearing people say that, but the only apps I see in DM are the ones I use, not the ones I'm trying to get rid of.

Yup, that's right. Just do it how I said and you'll be fine.
    03-25-11 11:05 AM
    Nah, you can uninstall it just as easily from the phone. You COULD do it this way but it works just as well from the phone.
    03-25-11 11:08 AM
    When I had this, it showed up as a core app on my phone and there was no way to delete it.
    03-25-11 11:10 AM
    I had the same thing going on with BBM, I have no use for it and don't want it taking up memory. So, this is what someone else told me to do and it does work, you go and load the App Store on your device if you don't already have it. Then you load BBM onto your phone from the App Store, and THEN after that you will be able to delete it off your phone. The whole thing will go away, so it's nice. Kind of a pain to have to do all those steps, but it does work.
    This is the way to do this.

Under OS6, BBM is considered a Core part of the OS and cannot be deleted. Until.... you go to App World and download the latest version.

This now puts BBM into a normal (non-Core) app category and you can delete it from the phone.
    03-25-11 11:11 AM
    I love my 9700, but I don't want BB Messenger. I would like to find a way to get rid of it. Does anyone have any info on removing it permanently from my phone?

I had to get a "new" handset from TMo, due to a connectivity issue (which still isn't fixed). As soon as I loaded my settings onto it, I started getting BBM notices and requests, and Pandora Radio had someone else's login info, which leads me to believe I got a refurbished phone. That isn't a problem for me, but I keep getting notices from BBM, which is.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

makes me afraid to call tmobile to exchange my device for the connectivity issues that i have. i keep losing service and then in a flash, it would come back.
    03-25-11 02:37 PM
    Just do what Pete6 said. BBM is a CORE app in OS 6 and cannot be deleted from the phone or DM. You have to remove the cod files. Just download BBM from app world, overwrite the existing app. NOW you can delete it.

03-25-11 05:40 PM
    Download BBM from app world, do a battery pull or click Restart Now, then delete it from options, type in App, click Application management. Select BBM, menu > delete.

03-25-11 09:34 PM
    I, too, am struggling with this. Apparently BBM is a core app (as previously stated), however, it appears I have the current/most updated version of the darn thing and therefore it is not upgradeable and deleteable. Grrr. Any more wise words? Will a wipe be in order? What shame. I'm only trying to get rid of the darned "Groups" calendar. I can see the module "net_rim_bbgroup_calendar"... if only I could delete THAT...
    03-26-11 08:11 PM
    Did you do as I said in my first post?

03-26-11 08:13 PM
    This is what I do personally,

New phone = outdated OS,

Download latest OS for device> shrink using BB hybrids tool> load OS to phone. Once loaded Hide the update bbm icon

03-26-11 08:20 PM
    Cool Breeze: Yes - I went to AppWorld - it won't give me any option to download BBM as I have the current version. I only updated to OS 6 a couple of weeks ago- my BBM version is 5.0.1.46. I have no option to install, only to review, recommend or screenshots. At the same time, in the Options->Device->App Management-> BBM does not have option to delete - it is under Apps (Required).
    Frustrating.
    03-26-11 08:48 PM
    Cool Breeze: Yes - I went to AppWorld - it won't give me any option to download BBM as I have the current version. I only updated to OS 6 a couple of weeks ago- my BBM version is 5.0.1.46. I have no option to install, only to review, recommend or screenshots. At the same time, in the Options->Device->App Management-> BBM does not have option to delete - it is under Apps (Required).
    Frustrating.
    Don't go to App World. Go to Blackberry Home Page with your phone. You can download BBM from there, even the same version. When it asks you, accept the install. The "new" version will replace the "old" version and this time it won't be a CORE app and you can delete it.

mochamichelle likes this.
    03-26-11 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD