I've had a blackberry for two years but JUST got into BBM, crazy...I know lol

So I had a question about when you put yourself on BUSY...does it allow others to keep msging you? If yes, then is there away to make yourself invisible or stop the messages?

Thanks!!!
    06-18-10 08:09 PM
    Yes, they can still message you. No you cannot make yourself invisible.

My solution to anyone who BBMs me when my status says I am busy or unavailable
    is to delete them. Obviously not smart or considerate enough for me to waste time on.

Side note: It is so nice to see you back on the site
    06-18-10 08:22 PM
    ok thanks and I assume you get a D for delivered but then when the person reads it then it shows the R??

Sorry for the dumb questions
    06-18-10 08:23 PM
    Yes, that is how it works for me although I cannot say that it works that way on
    all carriers.
    06-18-10 08:25 PM
    ok thats what i thought. when i txt somene else i know who has att it shows r when I'm about to get a reply but i wanted to be sure it didn't mean something else.

thanks!
    06-18-10 08:29 PM
    ok thanks and I assume you get a D for delivered but then when the person reads it then it shows the R??

Sorry for the dumb questions
    There is no such thing as a dumb question, dumb would be not asking if you're not sure...

Yes, that is how it works for me although I cannot say that it works that way on
    all carriers.
    I believe that BBM works the same regardless of carrier. So, yes "D" stands for Delivered, meaning your message has arrived on the BB of the person you are messaging, but hasn't been read, and "R" for Read, meaning your recipient has read your message.,

I've got contacts on Sprint, VZW, ATT, and Nextel (same as Sprint, but not really ), and it works the same for all of them. It also worked the same for me when I had an 8330 on US Cellular.
    Last edited by elvin1983; 06-18-10 at 11:30 PM.
    06-18-10 11:28 PM
    ok thats what i thought. when i txt somene else i know who has att it shows r when I'm about to get a reply but i wanted to be sure it didn't mean something else.

thanks!
    Another thing is that when you're in BBM, and someone is typing out a message to you, you'll see that they're typing a message, R is not for Reply...
    06-18-10 11:32 PM
    thanks much to you both!!
    06-19-10 09:50 AM
    Ok, here is a question.....when you send a msg and it takes a long time for the D to show up, does that mean its slow on my end or does it mean the other person is on the phone? I was under the assumption that if the other person is using the phone the msg wont go through until the line is clear.
    06-20-10 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD