So for about 3 hours now my phone has been flashing and saying I have a new bbm, when I do not. I have restarted it, turned it off pulled the battery out, all countless times.
    Whats going on?
    Help! =(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 12:05 AM
    Go into your main messages folder and hit the U button. If there's a message somewhere, your phone will jump right to it.

If not, back up your contacts and reinstall bbm.

09-14-10 12:07 AM
    Go into your main messages folder and hit the U button. If there's a message somewhere, your phone will jump right to it.

If not, back up your contacts and reinstall bbm.

Do I delete is by going to Advance Options? What will happen with my PIN, will i lose it?
    Sorry I'm new to Blackberry, kind of scared to delete it, I will die without it haha

09-14-10 12:19 AM
    You won't lose your PIN -- it's tied to your device. Back up your contacts (with DM or inside bbm). Then go to Option > Applications. Let it build the list, then up top select "Add-On". Select BBM, then hit your Menu key and select delete. After it has been deleted, reboot or do a battery pull.

Once you're up and running again, head to http://blackberry.com/messenger (or get it from App World)

If you have any questions, please post them. We may not be quick, but we'll do our best to help.

09-14-10 12:24 AM
    You won't lose your PIN -- it's tied to your device. Back up your contacts (with DM or inside bbm). Then go to Option > Applications. Let it build the list, then up top select "Add-On". Select BBM, then hit your Menu key and select delete. After it has been deleted, reboot or do a battery pull.

Once you're up and running again, head to http://blackberry.com/messenger (or get it from App World)

If you have any questions, please post them. We may not be quick, but we'll do our best to help.

K i got it downloaded but its an older version i think, there is no "available" with the lil green bal icon
    there is just the busy one... do you know how i get the other version
    Last edited by sam_xx_oo; 09-14-10 at 01:05 AM.
    09-14-10 12:38 AM
    You shouldn't have to delete the app; I have the same issue every so often. I go into the messaging folder, then open up BBM. I open up the last coversation I had, then back out of it. That usually clears it up.
    09-14-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD