FIX: BBM5 SOLUTION TO STATUS' NOT UPDATING ON ALL BB/OS'S

First off, HUGE relief, this has been bugging me for about 2 weeks. Read on... .

So i was getting fed up with my status' not updating on friends blackberry since 5.0 came out. I used to have the 9000, and updated to the 9700 when it came out at my work and have had bbm 5.0 since launch. I have over 170 contacts, and my picture was fine, no lag there, just the status wasnt updating. Along with some of my other friends having the same issues with many many contacts.

So i tried everything the works.
    - reinstalling os, bbm, device switch, battery pull. Nothing no go.

I finally deleted everything and installed bbm 5 clean. I added myself to another blackberry so i could do some trouble shooting. It clearly wasnt the device nor the application.

People were saying they were deleting everyone manually adding everyone one by one, yeah do that if you wanna sit there and waste 5 hours of your life.

Heres my solution, and i hope it works for you.

Message everyone on your list, (not a broadcast), say hey, and see which people still have bbm active or are no longer running blackberries. I remembered some of my friends switched to other phones.

Basically after messaging 170 contacts. I came back with about 7 friends whom did not have blackberries anymore, and deleted them. Bam bloody problem fixed. I actually found 10 people whom the message was not delievered but i didnt delete them, just the 7. So if you get most of them. This should fix your problem.

Let me know if this helps anyone, I sure as heck am relieved this worked for me.
    Last edited by one50bpm; 11-17-09 at 07:58 PM.
    11-17-09 04:29 PM
    working for anyone?
    11-17-09 10:05 PM
    Done, still not working for me.
    11-22-09 11:54 AM
    i did it and still having problem.. have over 100 contacts.. cld that be the problem? i deleted and reinstalled, updated os, removed contacts and re-added.. someone please help.. its annoying..
    11-22-09 06:11 PM
    hi ive done that
    today i tried to add them manually all about 120 contact and all approve it thats mean they are still using bb right ?
    before hand about when about 10 contact its updated fine
    but after all finish
    then same problem it doesnt update again

anyway im not the one who have this problem, most of my friend do as weell
    and i search the net and found this

MyBlackBerry: BBM 5.0.0.33 Status Not Updating

BBM 5.0.0.33 Status Not Updating - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

hope they find the cure for it
    11-29-09 11:45 AM
    for me, its name not showing up - just PIN ;(
    11-29-09 11:55 AM
    I have the 9700. I'm running the OS 5.0.0.768. BBM 5.0.0.33, my display photos doesn't change from one i had up 2 weeks ago. I have new people adding me and i don't see a display photo changing. Also i do have the problem with my status updating. Even not been able to see my friends status and photo updates. I wonder if RIM is aware of this. I think i have over 200 Contacts.
    08-02-10 05:09 PM
    I have the 9700. I'm running the OS 5.0.0.768. BBM 5.0.0.33, my display photos doesn't change from one i had up 2 weeks ago. I have new people adding me and i don't see a display photo changing. Also i do have the problem with my status updating. Even not been able to see my friends status and photo updates. I wonder if RIM is aware of this. I think i have over 200 Contacts.
    Yep! I'm having the same problem and I have like 25 contacts. I know people with 400+ contacts not having this issue. It's crazy.
    08-03-10 10:41 AM
    Its been fixed! BBM'ers with over 100 contacts, Status issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were many of us that were having a problem where our status would not update if we had over 100 contacts. Well i have over 100 and since i downloaded the lasted bbm, my status update each and every time with no problem.
    08-12-10 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD