I tried to purchase an app from the app store this morning. To make the payment I loaded money onto a virtual credit card app and I used this to make payment in the store.

The transaction was for 29.50 rands and I loaded 30 rand onto the card. The transaction was declined with error code to which my credit card reported insufficient funds a few minutes later.I then got another credit card notification a few minutes later saying that DRI*software had reserved $1.

Is the $1 a transaction fee you pay to app world that resulted in insufficient funds causing the transaction to be declined or was there another reason and the $1 was some kind of penalty for a failed transaction?

I'm very confused.
    05-09-12 03:41 AM
    Best guess at the initial problem, you didn't take taxes into account, thus resulting in insufficient funds. The second issue I'm not sure, but contacting App World support is your best option.
    05-09-12 08:20 AM
    What happened is that when they pre-authorized your card for 1 rand, that brought down your available credit to 29 rands, which is less than the price of the app. Therefore you got the insufficient funds notice.

The 1 rand charge is temporary, just to make sure your card is valid/can accommodate the real charge. Try loading 31 rands on your card, and you shouldn't have a problem.
    05-09-12 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD