Can anybody recommend a great email and calendar service that syncs with BB?

I just one account and I want to be able to add/delete a calendar event either online or on my phone and for it to reflect on the other.

With Google dropping sync support I was leave them, not BB.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

04-22-12 12:42 PM
    Gmail are only dropping support for their own google app sync - you can still sync your calendar, contacts and email via BIS.
    04-22-12 02:27 PM
    My calendar wasn't syncing on BIS
    04-22-12 03:09 PM
    Either way do we have good alternatives?
    04-22-12 03:11 PM
    Have the same problem with BIS.
    I think they're just dropping support for new downloads of G Sync. If you have it on your device, you should still be able to use it.
    04-22-12 03:31 PM
    I agree, just doesn't bode well for down the road and was wondering if others were using other email + calendar providers.
    04-22-12 04:02 PM
    Googel Calendar is syncing perfect here - with 9900 and with PlayBook..

But what I have seen in the past, is that after I update OS on the phone, I have to delete the @gmail account on the phone, and add it again - to make all sync start working again...

so in case you have not already tried it, please do... it is supposed to work...

Then only thing not working, is deletion of email on phone... I can delete from web - but it never goes away on phone... Marking as read works.. but nothing more...
    But short after deleting on web, I can see deletion happening on the PlayBook as well...
    04-22-12 04:47 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I did coincidentally delete and re-add the email account mid-week after Gmail went down as when it came back it wasn't working on the phone.

Appreciate your help.
    04-22-12 05:12 PM
    I use email through my web host. Push email, but no calendar sync.

I want to keep my email through my web host, but I'd love a calendar/contacts sync solution (that will hopefully hook up to my Mac desktop....and even iPad).

I realize Google's products will do that but I don't trust Google with my personal information.

So, going along with BearSnout, I'd love to hear of alternatives!

Will Hotmail sync contacts and calendar, as well as provide push email? They offer a "for your domain" service similar to Google. I can have my own personal email address rather than something@hotmail.com.

I used Hotmail with OS 6 on a Style, but I don't seem to remember I got push and contact/calendar sync with Hotmail. Has this changed in OS 7?
    04-22-12 05:33 PM
    Yeah like SpotMeter I would like to see what other people are using. Especially for calendar.
    04-23-12 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD