Hi there ... I've been having an issue with some old FB notifications not deleting out of my regular (non-FB) Inbox. I have a Storm2 (Verizon); have uninstalled and reinstalled FB after removing the battery, making sure all updates are applied, standing on my head and barking like a chicken, etc., but still have issues (the old messages remain, and continue to increase after any of the afore mention actions). Btw, it's not ALL FB notifications, just some responses to posts and one particular "message" sent to my FB Inbox (several months ago).

It's not tragic, nor is it the end of the world, just annoying. I tried looking at the FB Help pages, and can't find an answer to what I'm looking for. Was just wondering if anyone else had come across the same problem and/or might have a solution.

Many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by pnwtransplant; 01-14-11 at 01:19 PM. Reason: text edits
    01-14-11 01:15 PM
    This is a known bug in the lates FB app release. For me I try to delete them. But if they will not delete, they usually go away the next time I do a battery pull.
    pnwtransplant likes this.
    01-14-11 01:17 PM
    I don't know if it possible to do a soft reset on a a storm2. If you can it might get rid of them. It deletes them off my Torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 01:36 PM
    QuickPull, FTW!
    01-14-11 01:42 PM
    Soft reset on a Verizon 9550 - hit talk button, dial ##000000, scroll down to SIP password, enter VZW, press BB button, save. Battery pull is preferable.

As far as the messages go, either disable messages integration within the Facebook app, and/or go to Facebook and delete the offending message(s), then do a battery pull. That's the only way I've found that works. With this bug though, your mileage may vary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 02:56 PM
    Awww, I remember doing this with my 7520!
    01-14-11 03:37 PM
    Thank you, all. Good to know it's a bug and not just my BB trying to "gaslight" me ... I did try all of the above, and most of the messages went away (there are still a couple of stubborn hold-outs that exist nowhere but in my BB Inbox, but so be it). Again, many thanks so much for all the input!
    01-18-11 12:41 PM
    Moved this bad boy to native apps
    01-18-11 12:45 PM
    I have had the same problem. Still do at times. Seems like valorian said, if you go back in a second time to delete, they usually do. They have for me anyway...I still have a notifaction on my homepage (at the top) that I can't seem to get rid of though??
    01-18-11 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD