I'm noticing not all notifications show up on my BB - and I have both the notifications set up, and the "Connect your FB account with: Blackberry Message Application" checkbox checked...

Notification such as people "liking" a status or link I posted won't show up... But even some notifications about comments won't show...

And there's the other matter that the notification on the web side, don't get updated as read... So when I log in, I have a ton of notifications, despite having viewed them on my BB...

What does the "Leave email notification messages on mail server" exactly mean? I have it checked off, thinking it would remove the notifications on the web side if I viewed them on the BB... but that's not the case... What happens when it's checked on ?

thnx
    01-27-10 08:38 AM
    I think I may at least have found the answer to the "leave email notifications on mail server"...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/fac...86/#post287855

seems it only has to do with the email account I have linked to FB... since I have it off, I don't have a bunch of "so and so just commented on such and such" useless emails piling up, despite for FB notification on BB to work, I need to notifications by email enabled in my facebook settings... hmmmm....

sneaky RIM... sneaky.... it works, but man, just seems needless complicated and why are BB's not able to receive direct notification, rather than have to "secretly" - as the poster in the link I pasted above describes it - be using email in the background to do all the notification "dirty" work
    01-27-10 08:46 AM
    hmmm....when I had FB on my blackberry it just automatically left me notifications in the FB application. I didn't have anything set up special...it just did it.
    01-27-10 08:48 AM
    Still does not answer why "Like" type notifications don't show up on the BB...
    01-27-10 08:50 AM
    hmmm....when I had FB on my blackberry it just automatically left me notifications in the FB application. I didn't have anything set up special...it just did it.
    Oh it does that... but by having it linked to the Blackberry Messaging app... you can access the actual notification quicker, and by accessing it through the messages, it also marks it as read in the FB app...

So you're right, by default, you don't need to do anything... But having it link to the Messaging app makes things more efficient - at least IMO...

However, no matter what I do, whichever method I check the notifications on my BB, they don't get marked as read when I later access FB via the web... the notification tab in the lower right corner has a bunch of unread notifications, even though I read them on my BB... annoying.... But at least I can see the "Like" notifications there, that for some reason, won't show up at all on the BB..... ....
    01-27-10 08:53 AM
    I guess BB doesn't find that to be important...
    I only had the app for about 3 -5 days, so I didnt really notice.
    01-27-10 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD