Im going from a 8900 to a 9700 bold. I mainly only care about my contacts and and bbm contacts as well. I dont need text messages, calender, notes etc....only those 2 major things

As far as apps i can just download them again as well. Whats the fastest way to do? If I do backup and restore through desktop manager or do i have to sync to a new blackberry device?
    04-30-10 10:47 PM
    blackberry desktop manager device switch wizard (blackberry to blackberry). it will move everything over, everything.
    04-30-10 10:55 PM
    Backup/Restore if you want to be selective.
    05-01-10 12:26 AM
    blackberry desktop manager device switch wizard (blackberry to blackberry). it will move everything over, everything.
    I use this method a few days ago, i don't think there is an easy way to do this.
    05-01-10 12:36 AM
    I use this method a few days ago, i don't think there is an easy way to do this.
    Why isn't it easy?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 01:25 AM
    I upgraded from an 8900 to a 9700 a week ago and used the Desktop Manager software to transfer everything. Like dictoresno says, it will transfer absolutely everything, including downloaded apps, so it is a huge time and effort saver. Definately the easiest method with no problems at all during the transfer process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 03:31 AM
    Firstly, congratulations... I'm so jealous. But as the others have said, desktop manager device switch wizard is the best way to go.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-01-10 07:14 AM
    For contacts, the easiest and fastest method is IntouchApp. Just install on your 8900 and 9700 and contacts will sync between the devices. In addition, duplicates are automatically merged! Just look for "intouchapp" on AppWorld to get the app.
    02-27-13 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD