I tried downloading blackberry protect and when I opened the program it told me that it doesn't work for users on an enterprise. Is there a way of removing the enterprise? If so, how?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 09:23 AM
    Is your phone a company supplied one, on a BES account? Or is it your personal phone, on a BIS account?

03-22-11 09:58 AM
    I believe that BES already has a similar backup facility which is why it has only been developed for BIS.

03-22-11 02:36 PM
    Is your phone a company supplied one, on a BES account? Or is it your personal phone, on a BIS account?

Its a personal phone. I believe it was on a bes for 1 day and I wiped it, however the settings remain.

03-22-11 03:19 PM
    I believe that BES already has a similar backup facility which is why it has only been developed for BIS.

Yes BES does, I've tried to re add the phone back on the server and even then it doesn't work. Its a lose lose.

03-22-11 03:20 PM
    My 9650 isn't on a BES and hasn't been on one for over 6 months. It didn't have the a password lock on it, and has been wiped several times since then. I have a 9670, it it works fine on it. Here's the kicker, i did a device swap from the Style to the Bold last night and the program gave me the error on the Bold. IT'S NOT ON A BES!!! Has anyone contacted RIM?
    03-22-11 07:22 PM
    I've got the same problem - my BB 9800 was previously on our BES but now is just on BIS. I tried installing BB Protect but I get the message saying that I have BES on my BB. I've wiped the phone and reinstalled the OS three times without restoring, so I don't know how BB Protect is detecting BES on my phone still?!

This is frustrating to say the least because I'd like to utilize this app, but there is no way to do so currently...
    03-23-11 06:36 PM
    Same situation here. I've got a Storm2 9550 that used to be on the company's BES. About six months ago, the phone was transferred to a personal account and I'm no longer on the BES. I called my IT folks and they told me I'm completely wiped from the company's BES. So now, I rely on BIS for email and manual syncing with my Outlook calendar.

When I downloaded Protect, it tells me it can't install because I'm on a BES.
    03-29-11 08:56 AM
    Same problem here.
    04-04-11 02:53 PM
    Same here! My 9700 was once on BES, but was going to be binned as it had a cracked screen! So I replaced screen, wiped with bbsak and installed os 6.0.0.344, bb protect installs but then says its not compatable as its BES! Help, I want bb protect, I'm prone to loosing stuff when I'm drunk!

04-05-11 06:53 AM
    Hi guys, sorry no one responded to you on this issue before. I just hit on the thread while trying to help another user with a different issue. Have you all managed to resolve the issue? If not, then here's the solution.

Part of the problem is that even a wipe won't clear your IT policies, so even if your device was wiped, if it was on BES at one point or another, it still won't work. You actually need to reset the device to factory settings. To do this, you will need a program such as BBSAK or JL_Cmder and you will need to do an actual reset to factory. This will completely reset the device and remove all settings, including IT policies. You will then be able to download and use BlackBerry Protect.
    06-04-11 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD