Hi,I recently bought a Blackberry torch 9800.Its a factory unlocked version,no carrier on it.

My carrier is:Koodo

Today,I went to koodo to change my old Blackberry Curve 8530 with my torch .My problem is when I try to go on facebook,WLM,BBM.... it dont work.I think its because I dont have the service books. I know theres a TuT to get all working on it but the 8530 dont have a SIM card.

I need some help
    05-09-11 07:51 PM
    isn't kodoo a CDMA network? hence why the 8530 has no sim card. you will not be able to use a 9800 with the kodoo network... i think they are partners with telus who have a GSM HSPA network, you might be able to migrate there... even with the proper service books, without your 9800 being attached to a proper PIS account, you will not get anything working properly...
    05-09-11 08:09 PM
    Koodo have the new curve 9300 that use a sim card.
    05-09-11 08:13 PM
    Koodo have the new curve 9300 that use a sim card.
    great! then get a sim card from kodoo, register the new device onto your exsisting BIS account. from the BIS account you can push the new service books...
    05-09-11 08:14 PM
    I already have a Koodo sim card.Its in my torch but the data dont work on it.I need a fix to get it work.I need the service book but I dont know how to find it or put in my phone
    05-09-11 08:17 PM
    I already have a Koodo sim card.Its in my torch but the data dont work on it.I need a fix to get it work.I need the service book but I dont know how to find it or put in my phone
    Why doidn't you say so?

Perfect. Log into your BIS account, and "switch devices". Add your torch's PIN to the account, and take out the curve's pin. Then goto help, and send service books. Then a battery pull, and you should be good...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 08:19 PM
    where do I log in?
    05-09-11 08:21 PM
    Kodoomobile.blackberry.com

05-09-11 08:22 PM
    I dont even know if I have a BIS account.Sorry Im really noob
    05-09-11 08:33 PM
    In thayt case, call kokoo, they can do it for you. Tell them you want to swap devices on your BIS plan... They can also give you your login info. You can also ask them to send the service books after they switch devices for you...

05-09-11 08:35 PM
    When you say "switch device" its like changing the line to put it on my new phone?If its that,I already did it.
    05-09-11 08:38 PM
    When you say "switch device" its like changing the line to put it on my new phone?If its that,I already did it.
    That's half of it. You have switched your kodoo plan from your CDMA curve, to your GSM SIM card, to use in your device.

In order for any blackberry data connections to work properly, the device needs to be attached to an active BIS account (blackberry internet service, the link I posted, and where you set up your email accounts previously)

You need to also switch the BIS account to your new device's PIN (product identification number) so the BIS account knows which physical device you are using...

If you don't know how to do this, and don't have your log in information to follow the steps I posted, call kodoo... They can do it for you...

If you want your device to work properly, call kodoo and do exactally what I posted...

T4sTy likes this.
    05-09-11 08:44 PM
    Thanks My problems are solved.Thank you for your help
    05-10-11 06:11 PM
    Great . Can you post how you did, for future users who may read this thread

05-10-11 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD