03-22-11 06:12 AM
60 123
tools
    For those that claim the FB app icon is missing after downloading....ITS NOT MISSING. ITS JUST HIDDEN BY DEFAULT. The easiest way to find it is to use the fabulous UNIVERSAL SEARCH in OS6. Just type "facebook" from your homescreen, and the ghostly hidden icon will show up. Then select it and unhide it or move it to your favorite folder. Or you can open your ALL tray, hit the BB button and select SHOW ALL. Either way works, but using Universal search was a no brainer for me when I couldnt find the icon. Easy peasey!
    Thanks for the response, but I have done all of the above plus some. The icon is just missing. I plan on wiping over the weekend though. This has always been the way for me to get the BZ applications working for me. I still think it is another application not liking native RIM apps though. It has just been hard to pinpoint. I've tried to remove applications one by one when I've downloaded other betas in the past to see what the problem is for these downloads, but I just end up wiping for expediency.

Thanks.
    03-19-11 12:38 AM
    it worked for meh.. lol
    03-19-11 12:44 AM
    Thanks for the response, but I have done all of the above plus some. The icon is just missing. I plan on wiping over the weekend though. This has always been the way for me to get the BZ applications working for me. I still think it is another application not liking native RIM apps though. It has just been hard to pinpoint. I've tried to remove applications one by one when I've downloaded other betas in the past to see what the problem is for these downloads, but I just end up wiping for expediency.

Thanks.
    If it shows up in your app list, then its gotta be there somewhere.

That would drive me NUTS too >
    03-19-11 12:56 AM
    If it shows up in your app list, then its gotta be there somewhere.

That would drive me NUTS too >
    Yeah, tell me about it... It's there and shows up, but I think it has something to do with the code which displays the icon. I have a feeling that another app messes with it. It can't be themes because it is still missing on the native theme too. It wouldn't bother me so much if this was the first time, but I've encountered this with EVERY BZ app. I will wipe and get it up and running this weekend though.
    03-19-11 01:03 AM
    I've got it on earlier this morning... the new interface is great and almost got no complaints on it... almost...
    03-19-11 02:50 AM
    doesnt work to workaround with putting cods into the installation folder, wiping and reinstalling.
    03-19-11 04:29 AM
    -On chat screen as I'm writing something, I see my name as "Me"...
    I want to see my name, maybe ? But I can't change the name "Me"

Go to text msgs, options, and uncheck "me"

-We still can't watch videos,
    it does not concern flash support..youtube also supports flash but we can watch from its mobile version..
    moreover we can watch Facebook videos from BlackBerry from Facebook's own alternative web sites but why I do have to do that ???
    Find a way, make negotiations with Facebook iT department or render Facebook videos for your consumers etc.
    Or just divert the link to touch.facebook.com so we can watch !

I was able to watch to videos.
    Are you asleep my friend : )
    i am talking about FB chat screen not text message..
    btw i've already been using and changed "Me" name over years ago from text messages.

Can you tell me how you watch videos ?
    just choose the video and watch it ?
    may it ve Youtube videos ?
    if you talk about FB videos, it diverts you original FB page and you see "flash palyer required" notification..
    How did you manage to watch FB videos (except Youtube ) , can you tell me ?
    03-19-11 12:16 PM
    i hate the fact that RIM asks everyone to test their apps.... but when they release them, they do so for only a certain platform..... eg the FB v2.0 is only available for OS6. To be honest, there are lots of OS5 testers then OS6, even still, RIM should have made it cross platform.
    03-19-11 01:19 PM
    im guessing your using the leaked .431 os. I had that os and a know issue with that os is that copy and paste was broken. You either have to input the code by hand or use another os.
    Figured that must be it. Thanks for confirming. I tried to input manually - took a long long time. Checked it but still said invalid code and wiped the field. Can't go through the pain of that again! will wait for the official.
    03-21-11 09:04 AM
    Help Please ... M a newbie .... but follow crackberry regularly for OS upgrades!!

I have tried to register to the Beta zone but could not .. i get redirected to the same registration page. I m from India and it is listed in their list of countries for beta program.

Request someone to please give a 2 line process of registering and dwnloading the FB V 2 app ...Thanks
    03-22-11 06:12 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD