03-22-11 06:12 AM
60 123
tools
    I just registered as a beta zone member and facebook v2 is not showing up in the eligible programs list. I guess it's because I just edited my profile and added my PIN.

How long do I need to wait for them to verify/validate my pin and put me into eligible list? Hmm
    I believe it's a limited beta release. Could be you're in an unsupported region, or too late.
    03-18-11 01:30 AM
    Everybody needs to calm down! Firstly this is a limited beta, so if you weren't quick enough to sign up, then sorry, u missed out. As far as the keycode pasting is concerned, as mentioned before, follow the instructions and paste by holding down the trackpad. Ok, now onto the app itself, I like it actually. Sure, it's a beta, and there are some things i don't like about it, like how it scrolls around in the menus, it's all jumpy (and by the way, the scrolling down through news feed issue seems to be still there on my 9700) but overall it's good. Haven't tested out the chat function but it seems to be working fine. It seems overall a bit faster and it looks a little nicer, and brings some nice extra functionality to it.
    Lyls likes this.
    03-18-11 03:00 AM
    Aww I've been signed up for Beta Zone for months now and didn't get access to the beta . Beta Zone seems worthless to me.... I have all of the surveys/info filled out and I never get good beta access.

I just tried changing my device to the 9780..... maybe they'll give me more beta's if they think I have a device that ONLY runs OS6.
    03-18-11 08:29 AM
    how can i have signed up any quicker as i was asleep when it was released...
    03-18-11 08:30 AM
    The icon is missing? Do I have to wipe my device like MadBradNYC said? This is a real pain! It's been driving me nuts!
    03-18-11 08:45 AM
    i tried signing up to beta zone but i always get a error with the password ive tryed every thing is some else having this prob or just me?
    03-18-11 09:09 AM
    I don't know how Beta Zone is run internally, but I signed up on the very first day and I remember that one of the first releases they had was a version of BBM, and it was offered in a limited release in the order of those who signed up to the service (ie, if you were the first person ever to sign up, you were offered the program first). So, I assume there is some kind of prioritization with those who get access to programs and then when a program is full it is full. I just fill out all the surveys I'm asked to and I try to contribute to the forums and I've always been invited to participate. But again, I've been a member since day 1 and I'm usually quick to sign up for the programs. So, maybe if you just signed up you're not prioritized. Just a guess because I don't know how it works internally.
    03-18-11 09:32 AM
    I thinks its good...I like the new UI , it loads the news feeds really fast... for me I'm talking now, Places works and I had one of the leaked ones before...they need to add sharing to the +...the chat is ok, it works but it looks exactly like Facechat(it was the only one that I've used)it would be nice to see typing like on Facebook. And I find the notification in the app to be really tiny, the red dot on your chat or messages icon is hard to see...I hope they work some of this out.
    03-18-11 10:26 AM
    Lovin v2 so far although its almost identical to the iphone app... Interesting using it on a nontouch device that's for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-11 11:50 AM
    If you've signed up and haven't received your keycode yet, try restarting the download. The site was so clogged with traffic that it didn't send for a lot of people. Restarting the download will send a new code.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-11 11:52 AM
    For all who couldn't join earlier give it a shot now i think its working coz i just saw it in my eligible programs and just downloaded and also got my keycode immediately.

Have a check now guys and gals !
    03-18-11 12:31 PM
    I had issues with the BetaZone yesterday too, and the download. I finally got it then their was a message to reboot, I chose later then it said your Icon will be removed until you reboot. I did a battery pull and it was back, also had issues with pasting Key hitting shift+trackpad did the trick.

I just signed up for BetaZone last month and I have answered some questions and gave feedback. I was able to join the BBM and Facebook beta testing. My thoughts are, the feedback is the key to getting invites. It's not the App World it's Beta Testing the site needs the feedback to fix any bugs so it rewards the one who give the feedback, with more invitations.

As for the Facebook App the new UI is a bit nicer and refined, I haven't used chat yet. those two seem to be the biggest changes. To me not all that impressive just enough to say "Got the latest"
    03-18-11 01:04 PM
    They just opened up 10,000 more downloads, so head on over to Beta Zone and see if you're eligible!
    03-18-11 02:54 PM
    i just joined beta and downloading and got my keycode within 2 seconds
    03-18-11 03:16 PM
    i got it and v v impressed so far
    also did latest twitter at same time
    good luck everyone
    03-18-11 03:47 PM
    i just can't get the code to paste. It copies fine (i have tested pasting into something else) but will not paste. Have tried pasting via the main menu, the trackpad menu, holding down shift???

What am i doing wrong?
    03-18-11 05:03 PM
    Where can I download it? Except from Beta Zone?

I tried to sign up, but they are not allowing me as my country is "unsupported" (???).
    03-18-11 05:25 PM
    i just can't get the code to paste. It copies fine (i have tested pasting into something else) but will not paste. Have tried pasting via the main menu, the trackpad menu, holding down shift???

What am i doing wrong?
    Use the trackpad to copy and paste, and since you stated that didn't work, I recommend doing a battery pull then trying again. If that doesn't work, uninstall and start over.

Where can I download it? Except from Beta Zone?

I tried to sign up, but they are not allowing me as my country is "unsupported" (???).
    Beta Zone is only supported in certain countries, if you are in one of the countries that is not supported, the only thing you can do is wait for the official release.
    03-18-11 05:43 PM
    I know some have been looking for the cod files and here are the cod files I got off my phone. Enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/45323769..._2.0_COD_S.rar
    03-18-11 06:23 PM
    John why did you even waste your time on him..That was a ******** question and i absolutely love the way TLS2000 addressed it.
    Another one... That's the reason why John is a MOD, and people who think someone is ******** because they don't know something, and choose to ask to educate themselves, are not MODS. The purpose of the discussion boards are just that... Discussion, as well as assistance. It is never a waste of time to help another CrackHead. The lack of assistance could be one of the reasons people step away from the platform. If you can't ask a question, I would ask Kevin why even have forums then.

Knowing an answer to something does not make you a rocket scientist, nor does it make another ********. The only ******** ones are those that come here with the intention of not helping someone, just because they do not like the question posed.
    03-18-11 08:37 PM
    The icon is missing? Do I have to wipe my device like MadBradNYC said? This is a real pain! It's been driving me nuts!
    I have found this to be true with every application I've used from BZ. It may be that I have another application on my device that gets angry, irritated, or jealous for space which creates this and wiping is the only solution. This is only my experience, and may not apply to you though. For this instance I chose not to do so because I needed my device in full working order throughout this week. I may wipe over the weekend, or even change my OS again in the process. I guess I "could" be due for another wipe though since I have found that intermittent wiping is healthy for a BlackBerry. I can always download it again since I have been part of the BZ program from the begining. I just don't like the fact that it happens every time.
    03-18-11 08:48 PM

What am i doing wrong?
    im guessing your using the leaked .431 os. I had that os and a know issue with that os is that copy and paste was broken. You either have to input the code by hand or use another os.
    03-18-11 08:55 PM
    LuL most of you guys should be happy to be part of the Beta. You guys (the beta user) need to make sure to report all your finding and what need to improve over to RiM. If your complaining here, your pretty much useless...im just sayin' your the key to the new upcoming app.
    03-18-11 10:45 PM
    Just when i switch over to the atrix, BBfacebook updates. and i qualify to test it too. hahah.

from the screen shots, its a very big improvement. GG RIM.
    03-18-11 11:59 PM
    Got the beta version, Im lovin it so far.

For those that claim the FB app icon is missing after downloading....ITS NOT MISSING. ITS JUST HIDDEN BY DEFAULT. The easiest way to find it is to use the fabulous UNIVERSAL SEARCH in OS6. Just type "facebook" from your homescreen, and the ghostly hidden icon will show up. Then select it and unhide it or move it to your favorite folder. Or you can open your ALL tray, hit the BB button and select SHOW ALL. Either way works, but using Universal search was a no brainer for me when I couldnt find the icon. Easy peasey!

Ok. The UI is much better than the old one, IMO, but theres only ONE thing I dont like about this version that I cant seem to work around. I keep my 9700 holstered in my pocket. Every time I get a FB notification, when I take my phone out of the holster, it opens the FB app and goes to that notification. Ive tried everything and cant get it to stop doing that. Maybe Ill just have to live with it for now...not a deal breaker, but annoying.

Other than that, its a GREAT upgrade, IMO. I hardly ever use FB chat so I havent tried that out yet, but its nice to know its there if I need it. Scoll issue is still tehre, which is another annoyance, but it was there in previous version I had (v1.9), so Im used to it. Sideways scroll takes care of it decent enough I guess.

I like the fact that I can see who liked user comments instead of just "X people like this". I also like the tabs to see WALL, INFO and PHOTOS when you look at someones profile. HUGE upgrade, IMO. One of the niftier new features is the semi-transparent notifications screen you can see by clicking to the right of the main dropdown (or in the menu screen), which gives you info on notifications, messages, friend requests and chats. Nice addition RIM.

So overall Im a happy camper with this version. A few tweaks and they will have a rock solid FB app.
    03-19-11 12:28 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD