When I click facebook on my blackberry and the app launches, the home page comes us as usual for facebook but then the follow message pops onto the screen

you are attempting to open a secure connection to:
    fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net
    but the server's certificate contains a different name:
    a248.e.akamai.net
    then there is a window with the following options - close connection, view certificate or continue
    no matter which option i choose the popup message stays up. i have never seen this before. i tried deleting the facebook app then reinstalling it. i tried this several times but still get the same message.
    Can somone give me some suggestions?
    Thanks
    03-20-11 10:08 PM
    Which version Facebook you have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 03:42 AM
    It is Version: 1.9.0.28

I took the battery out for a while an put in back in but that didn't help either. The message won't go away and you can see the FB home page behind it. On the newsfeed the profile photo for all my friends that posted status updates is partially cutoff with jagged edge. It's really strange.

Any suggestions?
    03-21-11 08:24 AM
    I'm going to move this conversation over to Native Apps.
    03-21-11 08:47 AM
    I had the same exact problem...I deleted the FB app and re-installed it and seems to be working fine now.
    Last edited by ebranes; 03-22-11 at 01:52 AM.
    03-22-11 01:20 AM
    I wish that worked for me. I tried that 3 or 4 times and it didn't work. If anyone else has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks
    03-22-11 08:22 AM
    I am having the exact same problem. I have removed the FB app and reloaded it. I have pulled the battery and I have downloaded the service books once again but am still getting this error message which is very aggravating. Anything else that can be done to fix this problem?
    04-14-11 07:38 AM
    I'm getting the exact error message. Anyone figured out how to fix the problem??
    I've tried everything!
    HELP!!!
    04-19-11 10:40 AM
    Same problem here. I have done everything wolfpackfan has done and the problem still exists. Very frustrating.
    05-06-11 06:34 AM
    Me too! One day a couple of weeks ago, the message just started appearing. Ugh!

Today, I uninstalled the FB app - powered down and did a battery pull - waited a few minutes and reinserted the battery and booted up. Verified that the FB app was done. Then downloaded the latest BB App World. Then dowloaded the FB app from BB -- ver 1.9.0.28 and the notice is still appearing!!!

I may be stating the obvious, but I'm thinking that this is only a RIM-Facebook issue given the "fb" and "cdn" [Canada?] in fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net. Whatever the cause, the result is that the BB-FB app renders FB totally useless due to the constant pop-up notifications about the certificate, etc.

Surely some smart person on this site must know a fix for this issue. Thanks!
    07-17-11 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD