I'm having an issue where the facebook app will randomly stop pushing notifications to my phone. The reason I can tell its not working is because if I log out and back into the fb app, it'll state that there are problems with push notifications.

For now, the fix is to uncheck and recheck notifications in options or to reinstall the app. Anyone know why this is happening?

I'm using os6 .448 leak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 10:37 AM
    Seems to be a common problem in version 1.9 of the app. You'll see several threads here related to this. When I lost notifications, I noticed that the Facebook notification was missing under the sound profiles. This usually happened after I rebooted for whatever reason.

The workaround is to log out of the app, delete the app from the Facebook website, reboot the BlackBerry and log back in to the app. In fact, I have started, if I can remember, to log out of the Facebook app before I reboot for any reason. I noticed then that the Facebook notification under the sound profiles stayed there and notifications continued. It almost seems that a reboot while logged in is what is "breaking" the notifications for me.

Annoying to say the least. Hopefully this will be fixed in 2.0.
    02-27-11 12:59 PM
    I have noticed this too....and with os6.431 and yes, it is very annoying!

We'll keep our fingers crossed this gets fixed in 2.0.
    02-27-11 09:31 PM
    I have this same problem and im also running os6 .448 leak.
    But yeah i have found out if u delete that app and reinstall it, it normally works for about 2 weeks or so(for me anyways)

its really annoying!! i hope they do fix it in the 2.0 version. do you know when that comes out?? i heard may??
    02-27-11 10:29 PM
    i, too, am experiencing this. running the leaked .448 with the fb v1.9.1.5. in addition to os, wondering is this happening with all fb v1.9 variants.
    02-28-11 03:27 PM
    The easiest solution I found so far is to uncheck notifications in options, save, then re-enable, however this is entirely a pain in the ***.

Still have not figured out the cause to these issues but it only started happening since I upgraded to .448

02-28-11 11:51 PM
    It happens to me on OS5 as well so I don't think its OS specific. I've just been deleting the app and reinstalling which is a pain in the ***. I'm going to try vin-diesel's solution next time it happens and see if it helps.

03-01-11 05:45 AM
    I saw in another forum that by re-checking your notification settings on the facebook website and then deleting Social Feeds fixes the problem. Yesterday I tried this and, so far, my notification settings haven't changed. Maybe this is another workaround?
    03-01-11 10:51 AM
    I've been having notification issues as well, also receiving an error when attempting to update my status, but the update goes through.
    03-02-11 08:08 AM
    Do a battery pull and check if the sound profile have the facebook notification alert or not. Sometimes it appears and sometimes don't.

When it don't then you won't be receiving the notification.

Do you often do battery pull?
    03-02-11 11:22 AM
    Do a battery pull and check if the sound profile have the facebook notification alert or not. Sometimes it appears and sometimes don't.

When it don't then you won't be receiving the notification.

Do you often do battery pull?
    I maybe battery pull maybe once or twice a week. I just checked my sound profile and Facebook is not in there. I also tried the unchecking and rechecking notification in the FB app to no avail. I also just re-sent my service books and it still has not fixed the issue.

I have a feeling this related to .448 OS as this never happened prior to installing this. I'm about ready to get rid of this BB and go andriod....
    03-02-11 04:06 PM
    I just installed the upgrade. Lets hope this fixes these issues.
    03-02-11 04:59 PM
    Install the new upgrade 1.9.0.28.
    03-04-11 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD