90% of the time I never get notifications, I've tried deleting/reinstalling it and rebooting the phone nothing helped to fix this. I always have to go to the mobile site to check for notifications, isn't this sad since Blackberry is the leader for push notifications. I wish the iphone app was available for the bb as well because it also shows you who ever liked your statuses and comments. You can also delete your statuses without going to the mobile site. Sad, sad fb for bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 09:08 PM
    go get an iphone if you want their app so much
    01-20-11 09:13 PM
    Facebook sucks. If there's a problem withj the app, I'd bet on it being on their end.

01-20-11 09:17 PM
    Facebook sucks.
    ARGHHH you beat me to it.
    01-20-11 09:19 PM
    go get an iphone if you want their app so much
    I would never give up my Torch for an iPhone, just not worth it. I just hate the fb app now, notification issue getting worse. Why doesn't RIM just let Facebook handle it.

01-20-11 09:21 PM
    Facebook sucks. If there's a problem withj the app, I'd bet on it being on their end.

Actually RIM developed this app and its from their end. If Facebook developed it, there would be an update with the fix in no time. Just too much things on RIM hands to manage the apps.

01-20-11 09:23 PM
    Check your Facebook (at their site) to make sure you have FB for Blackberry checked (somewhere in the Account settings). I receive all FB notifications without a problem.
    01-20-11 09:23 PM

FB sucks big time
    01-20-11 09:24 PM
    LOL, I'm going the other way here. I had to turn my FB notifications off, they were getting annoying. I dont know, my FB app works as good on this 9800 as it did on my i4.
    01-20-11 09:25 PM
    Check your Facebook (at their site) to make sure you have FB for Blackberry checked (somewhere in the Account settings). I receive all FB notifications without a problem.
    I did and it is checked. It was working today and stoped working an hour or so ago. And this isn't the first time.

01-20-11 09:25 PM
    I like the app better than on my 3GS because it didn't tell me every time someone "liked" something, etc.

I also don't have any problems with mine. I do have FB for BB too though, where it notifies of friend requests and comments on a status. Then you text to 32665 to update your status, etc. Makes me not have to get on FB and see "how bad someones day is" lol

01-20-11 11:41 PM
    the FB app for Android, has been spotty with its push notifications. It works, then it doesn't. Sometimes it rehashes old messages I don't bother reading
    01-20-11 11:43 PM
    I stopped receiving notifications about a week ago. Just all of a sudden stopped. Honestly, I don't care that much...sometimes the notifications chimes can get annoying anyway...lol! And I won't die if I miss something (or 40 somethings) on Facebook.
    01-21-11 12:17 AM
    My FB app works. I get notifications every time. There was something on my wifes FB app on her ip4 that I liked but I cant remember what it was I migjr reach over her and check it out.

01-21-11 01:02 AM
    My FB notifications are being sent as emails to my phone now, anyone else have this problem?

01-21-11 02:21 AM
    the FB app for Android, has been spotty with its push notifications. It works, then it doesn't. Sometimes it rehashes old messages I don't bother reading
    Generally if your phone doesn't run iOS it's a second-rate citizen when it comes to Social Networking apps and integration. It's just the way things have been for a long time.

If iOS notifications were something similar to WP7 I'd think about it, but I do not find things popping up in my face while I'm trying to get work done constantly to be an acceptable way to notify users of things... At all.
    01-21-11 07:41 AM
    my issue with this is, i can not delete the notifications from my inbox. is there a fix for this? i still want to get the notifications, but want to be able to delete from my inbox and still have them on facebook itself.
    01-21-11 09:02 AM
    Moved to Native Apps
    01-21-11 09:02 AM
    My FB notifications are being sent as emails to my phone now, anyone else have this problem?

DOn't quote me on this but, I believe when I had a Facebook account (about 3 years ago) the Facebook BlackBerry app required that my Facebook email address that I logged-in with was set-up on BIS in order for the push notifications from the Facebook app.
    01-21-11 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD