Anyone recently experiencing much shorter battery life than usual? Both my wife and I appear to be, and the two common threads I can identify are the recent upgrades to BBM 6 and FB 2. I have trouble believing that it's BBM that's the problem, and so this leads me to believe that the new version of Facebook has caused major battery issues (with very minimal use we've both gone down over 50% of battery life in half a day).

Anyone else recently found the same thing and struggling to find the culprit?
    08-07-11 03:47 PM
    Sorry can't help I have upgraded to both and found no issues.

Running Torch 9800
    3Dee likes this.
    08-07-11 04:16 PM
    Yes I have both and can't say I've seen any difference, what OS and phones are you on?

CS
    08-07-11 04:39 PM
    I have had the same issue with battery drain on a 9300 Curve the past few days but had only downloaded the updated Facebook and no the BBM. Just deleted FB as I rarely used it anyway so will let you know the result in a day or so.
    3Dee likes this.
    08-07-11 04:40 PM
    Nope, everything has been fine on my end.
    08-07-11 04:49 PM
    The only thing I would mention is to turn the refresh to NEVER. If you have a lot of friends it will be pushing stuff constantly to your news feeds. When I open Facebook it refreshes on its own. Takes a few seconds but worth it imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    3Dee likes this.
    08-07-11 05:08 PM
    Yes I have both and can't say I've seen any difference, what OS and phones are you on?

CS
    5.0.0.681 on a 8900, not sure of my wife's OS but she's on an 8520 at the moment

Thanks for the replies everyone btw

08-07-11 05:09 PM
    Well I have an 8520 running 5.0.0.1067, and have not had the issue, as a comparision. And I just checked, 1067 is the latest for the 8900 as well, so maybe a OS upgrade might help, it can't hurt anyway.

CS
    3Dee likes this.
    08-07-11 05:11 PM
    Hi,
    I have Curve 8520 and couple days ago my battery start to going down so quickly I start to charge my phone twice a day, symptomatic is that that I don't use it so often.
    Also couple days ago I installed a Opera mini on my device and update Facebook to a newest version,can that be reason for my battery go down so quickly.

Please HELP!!!
    08-08-11 07:58 AM
    Anyone recently experiencing much shorter battery life than usual? Both my wife and I appear to be, and the two common threads I can identify are the recent upgrades to BBM 6 and FB 2. I have trouble believing that it's BBM that's the problem, and so this leads me to believe that the new version of Facebook has caused major battery issues (with very minimal use we've both gone down over 50% of battery life in half a day).

Anyone else recently found the same thing and struggling to find the culprit?
    Well yes if you're keeping the facebook chat on and you also get more nottifications with this one. What do you expect?

08-08-11 08:14 AM
    Try searching the apps forum. It's been covered.

http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...attery-635588/
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-08-11 at 08:22 AM.
    08-08-11 08:16 AM
    Not a battery issue on my 8520 but a BB freezing issue on notification (Like/message) same as it was on Beta. My wife is also complaining that FB 2.0 on her 8520 gives a notification alert for Facebook but nothing shows then about 10 seconds later the post/like arrives.

Uninstalled an gone back to 1.9 until issues and bug fixes sorted.
    08-08-11 08:23 AM
    Hi,
    I have Curve 8520 and couple days ago my battery start to going down so quickly I start to charge my phone twice a day, symptomatic is that that I don't use it so often.
    Also couple days ago I installed a Opera mini on my device and update Facebook to a newest version,can that be reason for my battery go down so quickly.

Please HELP!!!
    I thought it was my battery that was worn, but I too have the same problem. My phone used to last 3 days with little to no usage and checking for emails and tweets constantly.

I installed FB 2.0 but there was a problem with notifications not disappearing which led me to erase FB completely from my phone. Also updated to the latest BBM 6.0 and my battery dies in less than 24 hours with little to no usage, and less than 12 with fair usage...I feel like I had an Android device! lol
    08-08-11 08:42 AM
    Try searching the apps forum. It's been covered.

http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...attery-635588/
    Thanks, I wasn't actually sure that it was FB killing the battery or not - this was just speculation. It could still be something else but the replies from others experiencing the same appear to indicate that FB2 is the culprit.

Looks like this thread has been moved (possibly to apps in light of this), will follow further comment from there.
    08-08-11 01:38 PM
    My FB chat is always on with notifications coming in as well and haven't had any battery drainage/issues. I'm updating to BBM 6.0.0.129 and with the older 6.0 I had no battery issues either. It's possible you may have other apps installed in running in the background so that might be worth it to check and some apps might be set to push data every hour or sooner.
    08-08-11 02:04 PM
    Just an update here - I uninstalled FB (which I barely use anyway), BerryBuzz (which I'd also updated), and TuneIn Pro (which I was having other issues with, but had updated) and added regular TuneIn and my battery life has dramatically improved - a massive difference. The other day, light use for half a day lead to 50% battery loss, today just 14% loss!!!!!

It's amazing, either the combination was doing something weird, or one of these apps (FB almost certainly) was killing my BB. The phone even feels snappier as a result, really amazing.

Pleased to hear that there aren't many having problems, but if you are, it might be worth considering taking similar action!
    08-09-11 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD