Hey guys,

Back to crackberry after a very long time ,

Had a problem though, when i try to log on to FB 2.0 it firstly takes about 3 mins to connect and then gives me this error "there was a problem enabling push notifications at this time. You will receive a notification when push notifications have been enabled", just b4 it takes me to the wall. The thing is i dont have my associated FB email on my BB and i dont need push notifications anyways.

So any idea why i get an error

BTW i have tried a battery pull and every other setting change so any advice would be appreciated

TIA

Cheers
    04-29-11 02:04 AM
    Any ideas guys ?
    04-30-11 05:22 AM
    Uninstall, do a battery pull, then reinstall. That's the best I could think of.
    dj.acidburnt likes this.
    04-30-11 08:59 AM
    i got the same issue, so i reverted to the official current version in appworld i still get the same thing. been having the issue for a week now. hmmmm
    dj.acidburnt likes this.
    04-30-11 09:37 AM
    @McStoner thnks for the advice, although i have tried varied combinations of battery pull, uninstalling and reinstalling, i'll give it a go once again.

@tkwolf Same here its been going on now for about a week and a half for me, i guess its coz Facebook have changed some of their features and in the process some of their security protocols, so i guess RIM's gotta make some changes instead.

Cheers
    04-30-11 10:22 AM
    Hm... Try checking the application permissions. Try setting them all to allow, if they aren't, and see if that does anything.
    04-30-11 10:29 AM
    It's working fine for me. Check the permissions or uninstall and reinstall.
    05-01-11 12:58 AM
    tried that before and it didnt fix the issue. my guess is that the issue is with RIM's server or something. hopefully it gets fixed soon
    05-01-11 08:31 AM
    Nope, tried the permissions, tried the uninstall-battery pull-reinstall, still having the same error, whats funny is if i press cancel during the logging on process and then immediately press login again it takes me directly to my wall without showing the logging in dialogue, however it does give me the push notifications error when im going through my wall
    05-01-11 01:59 PM
    Nope, tried the permissions, tried the uninstall-battery pull-reinstall, still having the same error, whats funny is if i press cancel during the logging on process and then immediately press login again it takes me directly to my wall without showing the logging in dialogue, however it does give me the push notifications error when im going through my wall
    I am experiencing the same problem with Rim's Facebook and ebay apps since late April and they crash my device as they try to connect to the push notification server and I get an error message after 5 minutes. I have been trying to get it solved for a couple weeks now and I contacted Rim via their support e-mails, twitter pages and facebook pages with no luck and responses (they even removed my posts on their facebook page), Rim's attitude is disgraceful and their customer service is non-existent why we put up with it is a mystery as it is our money that funds them. I am going to write a letter of complaint to Rim's UK office and I already wrote to my network provider to try and get them to contact Rim on my behalf, Rim's arrogance and incompetence in this matter has prompted me to think about ditching Blackberry for a droid or iphone.
    06-17-11 07:30 PM
    dj.acidburnt, try using snaptu as it is a app that has facebook, twitter and others and it doesn't take much room on your device. It doesn't have push notification but it's better than the crap rim has made.

It's not available on appworld so you have to download it directly from their website: Snaptu - a world of free apps on any phone
    06-18-11 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD