View Poll Results: Will You Use The Beta and/or Wait For The FaceBook 2.0 App ??

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will use the beta and then update to the official release of FaceBook 2.0

105 84.68%
  • I will wait for the official release of FaceBook 2.0

17 13.71%
  • No, I will rather use the current FaceBook App

1 0.81%
  • NO!!! I will only use the FaceBook Mobile Site

1 0.81%
07-08-11 07:48 PM
109 ... 2345
tools
    Brady & Lucky give it a rest! Don't make me get out of bed and whack you both with my mod stick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 12:26 AM
    Brady & Lucky give it a rest! Don't make me get out of bed and whack you both with my mod stick!

Hey, what's up PK.
    NP. I never asked for this anyway....
    03-19-11 12:27 AM
    I got your back Brad
    I jus set my wife up a beta zone account and the dl was available for her. Good stuff.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-19-11 12:34 AM
    I got your back Brad
    I jus set my wife up a beta zone account and the dl was available for her. Good stuff.
    What's up SCrid2K! Thanks.
    Yeah, from the looks of some of the screen shots it looks like RIM is stepping up in the game. I'm sure Wifey will enjoy it. I plan on wiping and getting on my device this weekend so I can too. I'm long overdue for a wipe IMO.
    03-19-11 12:43 AM
    How do you upload a video to this version?

03-19-11 01:03 AM
    If you're the admin of a facebook page, can you post as the page itself? I can do this using socialscope but don't seem to find a way of doing it using FB4BB. If i go to the pages tab, and select the page I'm an admin of, when I type something it shows up as a post from my personal fb account on the wall of the page. Annoying!!
    03-19-11 02:17 AM
    just downloaded it. Its better than all other fb chat apps. It doesnt drain battery. Great Work RIM but it still needs few more options.
    03-19-11 06:39 AM
    just downloaded it. Its better than all other fb chat apps. It doesnt drain battery. Great Work RIM but it still needs few more options.
    Is better than Trillian?

03-19-11 07:22 AM
    As said on the other threads, if you're still missing your keycode, start the download again. The site was too congested yesterday and some people are missing theirs. If you restart the download RIM will send a new code. Don't bother waiting, just reset it.

I've downloaded the app three times now, wiping the existing one of the phone each time before hand and still no code has arrived.

I also signed up for the Twitter beta at the same time and again no code arrived for that so I now have 2 useless apps on my phone.

Twitter I've left on as I use Seesmic anyway but Facebook v2 is off the phone and V1.9 is back on as I can't be going without FB for as long as it takes to get a reply from betainfo@rim.com
    03-19-11 07:30 AM
    If you're the admin of a facebook page, can you post as the page itself? I can do this using socialscope but don't seem to find a way of doing it using FB4BB. If i go to the pages tab, and select the page I'm an admin of, when I type something it shows up as a post from my personal fb account on the wall of the page. Annoying!!
    So that means the two features I was hoping it would have aren't there. Couldn't really care about FB chat on my mobile so I'm not so worried about not having the code after all.

Pages and Groups were the two things I wanted to see adding but once again RIM's giant leap forward with this application is more a small hop and fallen short of where the app should be (and that's from without even having a working copy). Facebook for iPhone has pages and groups, Facebook for Android has pages and groups, this beta for Blackberry falls short it seems
    03-19-11 07:33 AM
    Make sure to check your spam box email too. (encase you haven't checked)

03-19-11 07:34 AM
    Checked the spam / junk mail folder and there's nothing in it.

It's just not being sent either the multiple times I've downloaded FB or the time I've downloaded Twitter. There's nowhere else it could go in the mail box
    03-19-11 10:46 AM
    Checked the spam / junk mail folder and there's nothing in it.

It's just not being sent either the multiple times I've downloaded FB or the time I've downloaded Twitter. There's nowhere else it could go in the mail box
    then you'll just have to wait until monday.

03-19-11 10:48 AM
    Think it does not work without full BIS connectivity? I usually use only GPRS to prolong my battery life, but it does not have the BB icon, and the chat only works if I turn my 3G on, where it gets the BB icon for BIS.. =\

03-19-11 11:31 AM
    it was a very limited beta, and they only had so many invites. You were prolly to slow and they ran out of invites.
    Yeah, I guess not. I still had my S2 listed... As soon as I switched it to the torch

EDIT: Oops, double post. My bad.
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 03-19-11 at 11:43 AM.
    03-19-11 11:40 AM
    it was a very limited beta, and they only had so many invites. You were prolly to slow and they ran out of invites.
    Yeah, I guess not. I still had my S2 listed... As soon as I switched it to the torch it offered FB2.

Looks pretty decent so far... Not quite as in depth as I had anticipated. The chat is nice though. Mainly it seems like its just aesthetics

03-19-11 11:42 AM
    Facebook 2.0 looks amazing!!! Love all of the improvements that they have done to the app. I feel bad for the people who dont have OS6 , but dont worry guys because your will eventually be able to download Facebook 2.0 because RIM is working on supporting the app for 4.6 and 5.0. If you have OS6 head on over to www.blackberry.com/beta and either sign up or log in and download Facebook 2.0 and say anything you want
    03-19-11 04:49 PM
    Does Facebook 2.0 start at the last checked post when you start it up or does it default to the latest post at the top?

Ubersocial and Socialscope both start up where you last were and that's a feature I can't live without.
    03-19-11 05:31 PM
    Does Facebook 2.0 start at the last checked post when you start it up or does it default to the latest post at the top?

Ubersocial and Socialscope both start up where you last were and that's a feature I can't live without.
    latest post

03-19-11 08:39 PM
    I'm gonna go craaaazy. I tried installing the app via browser, but it keeps getting stuck at 50% when installing, then it leads to an error.

So I tried the OTA link. But when I put in my login details, I just get redirected to the same login page.
    Am I the only one getting this problem? I now have several Keycodes emailed to me but the actual application isn't installed on my phone...

Anyone have any solutions?
    03-20-11 04:52 AM
    Clear your cache and cookies

03-20-11 05:00 AM
    So I tried the OTA link. But when I put in my login details, I just get redirected to the same login page.
    Am I the only one getting this problem?
    You're not alone Same problem here... and clearing the cache, didn't work..
    03-20-11 10:00 AM
    when will the facebook 2.0 be available for everybody? my country doesnt support the Beta site
    04-25-11 03:54 AM
    How do I relink to this? I had to reload my os and lost it.
    05-01-11 09:45 AM
    Got the BETA. REALLY nice. Well worth it.
    05-01-11 11:12 AM
109 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD